Post Your Favorites In The World Music Genre

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I'm going to start with this song because I probably played it 1,000 times when I got the album. Struntz and Farah are phenomenal guitarists. Don't know what the vocalist is saying but I love the earnest-ness of his voice; like he's singing his heart out. I also love the flutes at the end, especially how they mesh with the bass making a fantastic rhythm. Skip the ad.

Last edited:
I'm going to start with this song because I probably played it 1,000 times when I got the album. Struntz and Farah are phenomenal guitarists. Don't know what the vocalist is saying but I love the earnest-ness of his voice; like he's singing his heart out. I also love the flutes at the end, especially how they mesh with the base making a fantastic rhythm. Skip the ad.
They are great. Few guitarists are as good as they are. I have 4 of their CD's & I saw them live.

They are great. Few guitarists are as good as they are. I have 4 of their CD's & I saw them live.
I would have loved to see them live Win! I'm interested in hearing your favorites from the CDs. 🎶🎵:) Yanni's music also fits well in the New Age-Ambient genre. I have a CD by him which was given to me that I have yet to listen to.

@MarciKS that's quite a variety. At 26:33 I believe that's reggae singer Gregory Isaacs; I've always liked his music. Takes me back to the days when I was dating a Jamaican and we'd go to the Jamaican club and dance.

Last edited:
I would have loved to see them live Win! I'm interested in hearing your favorites from the CDs. 🎶🎵:) Yanni's music also fits well in the New Age-Ambient genre. I have a CD by him which was given to me that I have yet to listen to.

@MarciKS that's quite a variety. At 26:33 I believe that's reggae singer Gregory Isaacs; I've always liked his music. Takes me back to the days when I was dating a Jamaican and we'd go to the Jamaican club and dance.
My favorite CDs of theirs are "Heat of the Sun" & "Americas."

Last edited:
Wow..the live version. Interesting variety of instruments, including the accordion and they have a deejay/sound man.

Back