Post your movies

Man of Aran - 1934
This epic film of life in the 1930's on Ireland's Aran Islands took three years to make.
It is both real and a little staged at the same time. The scenes of life including fishing from the cliffs, collecting sea weed to make soil for potatoes, the annual hunt for the migratory basking sharks for example are all real.
On the other hand the three central characters: Colman 'Tiger' King, Maggie Dirrane and young Michael Dillane were not actually related but instead chosen from amongst the Islanders to make a more 'photogenic' family for the sake of the film aesthetic.
This aside, the film offers a look into a way of life that has all but faded away

Last edited:
My first and still all time favorite fantasy movie. It played on Million Dollar Movie for a week and I watched it every night. I must've been about 8 years old when it was shown on T.V. Mermaids have been my favorite mythical creature ever since and I've watched the movie several times (I have a colorized version on DVD).

My first and still all time favorite fantasy movie. It played on Million Dollar Movie for a week and I watched it every night. I must've been about 8 years old when it was shown on T.V. Mermaids have been my favorite mythical creature ever since and I've watched the movie several times (I have a colorized version on DVD).

I haven't heard of this movie before & I love William Powell as an actor. I'm going to have to find it & watch it. Glad you listed it.

Just saw “Sound of Freedom” yesterday At the theater. It is a true story of how a former homeland security agent rescued several children from human trafficking. It was very well done.

Back