Preschoolers and masks

I drive by a daycare place when I take the back road to the post office. Many times the children are out playing in the playground there and I do not see any of the kids wearing masks. There are usually 3 women supervising and I only see one of them ever wearing a mask. When schools are closed, why are daycare facilities open? Are preschoolers immune? Maybe they just don't wear them when they're outside.

school.jpg

Firmly believe in common sense approach. I wear my mask in public places that are mostly uncrowded. I avoid crowds, hate closed in places. I wash my hands many, many times daily whenever I touch or come in contact with areas that can be contaminated by others. I keep my distance at all times, but during my daily walks I leave my mask at home. I believe in the concept of photosynthesis! I let mother nature filter the air I breathe in, she has been at it longer.

I was chastised for not wearing my mask during a walk by a lady whom was standing talking to 3 others 2 without masks, 2 with. I gave them plenty of social distancing room. But still the self-appointed mask police made comment.

My wife worked for a dentist years ago, asked the dentist why they change their mask every 2 hours, his comments made more sense than many current advisors, It is unhealthy to keep breathing in the same stale air for long periods of time. Made sense to me.

I don't think masks are required on the kids outside but the workers have to use them 24/7, from what I'm reading as the kids stay without
symptoms but are carriers to the adults.....

I asked a friend about this, She works at a day care. Her place has reopened with fewer hours. Staff are required to wear masks, and have Covid screening every couple of weeks. I think they are limiting the number of children they serve, and are giving priority to essential workers

Firmly believe in common sense approach. I wear my mask in public places that are mostly uncrowded. I avoid crowds, hate closed in places. I wash my hands many, many times daily whenever I touch or come in contact with areas that can be contaminated by others. I keep my distance at all times, but during my daily walks I leave my mask at home. I believe in the concept of photosynthesis! I let mother nature filter the air I breathe in, she has been at it longer.

I was chastised for not wearing my mask during a walk by a lady whom was standing talking to 3 others 2 without masks, 2 with. I gave them plenty of social distancing room. But still the self-appointed mask police made comment.

My wife worked for a dentist years ago, asked the dentist why they change their mask every 2 hours, his comments made more sense than many current advisors, It is unhealthy to keep breathing in the same stale air for long periods of time. Made sense to me.
I also wear a mask when shopping because it's required; not because I think it protects me or anyone else. No one has said anything to me for not wearing a mask outdoors. If they did, I would ignore them.

Not required to wear a Mask outside here in the UK, but inside public areas, yes, except in restaurants while eating or drinking !!

In Spain everyone has to wear one outside as well as inside public places..

Schools.. reception, year 1, and year 6 as well as pre-school have been back for many weeks, and children are not required to wear masks.

The rest of schools colleges and universities will return in September after 7 months of being away... there's been a big backlash about returning them to school, from Teachers and parents, no-one seems to wants to return, despite their being no or very few incidences of teacher/parent disease contraction .. ..The govt are going to have to put their foot down with this I think, otherwise our Education system will be on it's knees as well as our Economy

Back