King Charles III, his fascinating life

Prince Charles takes the wheel of a hydrogen-powered car as he visits manufacturer Riversimple in Wales (July 6, 2021)

"Prince Charles takes the wheel of a hydrogen-powered car as he visits manufacturer during his week-long trip to Wales. The Prince of Wales tested out a hydrogen-powered car when visiting the manufacturer behind the eco-friendly vehicle. Prince Charles, toured Riversimple, a hydrogen-powered car manufacturer in Llandrindod Wells, Powys, as part of his week-long trip to Wales."
(READ MORE)
prince-charles-hydrogen-car.jpg

Well, we have nuclear powered ships, why not cars?
Since the sun is a nuclear reactor, and we have cars powered by solar produced electricity we ready to have nuclear powered cars!

Like high pressure steam and exploding gunpowder it's simply a matter of taming the energy source to suit our needs.

Well, we have nuclear powered ships, why not cars?
We almost did, the Ford Nucleon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon
Ford_Nucleon-en.jpg
Imagine every auto accident being a nuclear waste spill, and every junk yard a nuclear waste dump. Probably an idea best not pursued.
Since the sun is a nuclear reactor, and we have cars powered by solar produced electricity
Good point, even oil is the result of solar energy (long past) so in a way all of our cars are nuclear powered!

Riding a Sunbeam is not a new idea....
46455a6f.jpg
SunbeamRoadster.gif

Sunbeam Motor Car Company

"Sunbeam Motor Car Company Limited was a British motor car manufacturer with its works at Moorfields in Blakenhall, a suburb of Wolverhampton in Staffordshire, now West Midlands."

"Its Sunbeam name had been registered by John Marston in 1888 for his bicycle manufacturing business."
iu

1964 Sunbeam Alpine

Last edited:
Young Prince Charles: The evolution of a royal (2018)
1541726706563_YoungPrinceCharles15.jpg

"There is no denying Prince Charles has led a colourful life.
Indeed, it seems like a long time ago that the world first laid their eyes on the Prince of Wales, who was a small baby held in the arms of his mother before she became Queen.
Now, as Queen Elizabeth continues to reign as the world's longest-serving Queen, it seems Charles will forever be etched as the kind and caring Prince we've all grown to know and delight in - even
when he does become King."
(Read more)

Well I never saw him in his mothers arms as a baby..only photos since.. because I wasn't born.. much less reading society magazines.. :LOL: In fact my mother was only 14 so I doubt she saw it either...

Well I never saw him in his mothers arms as a baby..only photos since.. because I wasn't born.. much less reading society magazines.. :LOL: In fact my mother was only 14 so I doubt she saw it either...
It was splashed all over the place, Holly, so I think she had to have seen it. Headlines screamed, Bonnie Prince Charlie.

He was never Prince of Wales while he was in his mother's arms.

This title was not conferred upon him until the late 50s, 59 I think, and the investiture took place some years after that.

Not that it matters to me. As you know, as a native Welshman I think him a usurper!

he was 9 years old when he was pronounced Prince of Wales in 1958. There had been no Prince of Wales during the Queen's reign until then ( 6 years)... King Edward the Vlll had been Prince of Wales until 1936 when he succeeded the Throne.. and the only reason there was no Prince of Wales between '36 and '58 was because Prince Albert, (George Vl) who became King after his brother abdicated had been the Duke of York and having had only daughters , Elizabeth and Margaret Rose, couldn't confer the title on either of them of Prince of Wales. So when the Queen had her son.. at age 9 years old she took the opportunity to reinstate the title of Prince of Wales...

prince-charles-wearing-the-gold-coronet-of-the-prince-of-news-photo-1572891995.jpg
Charles Investiture in 1969

https://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/history/sites/themes/society/royalty_princeofwales.shtml

Ironically, of course, a Princess of Wales would have been just as acceptable as a Prince of Wales since women had more rights in Wales than they did in England from way back. When a man married he joined the tribe of his wife rather than the other way around, thus preventing a man with a lot of strong sons from defeating all other princes. Even as long ago is the 13th century if a Welsh husband was taken in adultery his wife could legally put him from the house and on occasion would publicly burn the marriage bed, as Princess Joan, daughter of King John of England, reputedly did!

Jul 15, 2021🐄
"The Prince of Wales was told it was good luck after he trod in a cow pat at the Great Yorkshire Show. Charles was inspecting some South Devon cattle at the Great Yorkshire Show in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, when he stepped in a dollop of bovine manure."

"Anne Tully, from Brixham, Devon, was judging the show: “I told him that was luck, that’s what we always say.”

"The prince, who attended the show with his wife Camilla, then came face to face with champion 1,550kg Hereford bull Moralee One Rebel Kicks, owned by Tom and Di Harrison from Stocksfield, Northumberland."

skynews-prince-charles_5448300.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II privately marks her 96th birthday

"Queen Elizabeth II is marking her 96th birthday privately on Thursday, retreating to the Sandringham estate in eastern England that has offered the monarch and her late husband, Prince Philip, a refuge from the affairs of state."

WireAP_b9497084867d446db80f901c86b65584_16x9_992.jpg

The Associated Press
In this photo released by Royal Windsor Horse Show on Wednesday, April 20, 2022

"Elizabeth is expected to spend the day at the estate’s Wood Farm cottage, a personal sanctuary where she also spent her first Christmas since Philip’s death in April 2021. Philip loved the cottage, in part because it is close to the sea, she said in February when hosting a rare public event at Sandringham."

“I think the queen’s approach to birthdays very much embodies her keep calm and carry on attitude," said Emily Nash, the royal editor at HELLO! magazine. ”She doesn’t like a fuss."

"This birthday comes during the queen’s platinum jubilee year, marking her 70 years on the throne. While Thursday will be low-key, public celebrations will take place June 2-5, when four days of jubilee festivities have been scheduled to coincide with the monarch’s official birthday."
(READ MORE)

Sandringham is arguably her favourite place; certainly in England, and that's a hell of a journey for a 90 year old to take for no reason other than recreation.

It's a bit worrying and I shall be glad to see her back home at Windsor.

Sandringham Norfolk...is just over 100 miles from Buck house, and 90 miles from my house .. the Queen always travels by train until recently and now she flies by helicopter.. a mere 30 minutes, she reportedly is there now...

Prince Edward and Sophie's Royal Caribbean tour - which has already seen their visit to Grenada postponed - has hit another problem after island officials warned: 'We hear the phony sanctimony of those who came before you'.

The pair had been due to travel to the island, where the Queen is still head of state, as part of a Platinum Jubilee Tour to the region.
But following high-level discussions between Buckingham Palace, the government of Grenada and its governor-general, the Queen’s in-country representative, an 11th-hour decision was taken to cancel.

Now Ambassador Dorbrene O’Marde, Chairman of the Antigua and Barbuda Reparations Support Commission, has written an open letter to Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex that could hardly be described as welcoming.

It criticised the Royal Family for past comments on slavery and warned them not to repeat them.

The message said: 'Everyone in your family continues to live in the splendour, pomp and wealth attained through the proceeds of the crime.
'It has become common for members of the Royal Family and representatives of the government of Britain to come to this region and lament that slavery was an "appalling atrocity", that it was 'abhorrent', that "it should not have happened".

'We hear the phony sanctimony of those who came before you that these crimes are a "stain on your history".

( what a very odd statement to make , what are they expecting this Royal family to do about past history )?

Sandringham Norfolk...is just over 100 miles from Buck house, and 90 miles from my house .. the Queen always travels by train until recently and now she flies by helicopter.. a mere 30 minutes, she reportedly is there now...

Prince Edward and Sophie's Royal Caribbean tour - which has already seen their visit to Grenada postponed - has hit another problem after island officials warned: 'We hear the phony sanctimony of those who came before you'.

The pair had been due to travel to the island, where the Queen is still head of state, as part of a Platinum Jubilee Tour to the region.
But following high-level discussions between Buckingham Palace, the government of Grenada and its governor-general, the Queen’s in-country representative, an 11th-hour decision was taken to cancel.

Now Ambassador Dorbrene O’Marde, Chairman of the Antigua and Barbuda Reparations Support Commission, has written an open letter to Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex that could hardly be described as welcoming.

It criticised the Royal Family for past comments on slavery and warned them not to repeat them.

The message said: 'Everyone in your family continues to live in the splendour, pomp and wealth attained through the proceeds of the crime.
'It has become common for members of the Royal Family and representatives of the government of Britain to come to this region and lament that slavery was an "appalling atrocity", that it was 'abhorrent', that "it should not have happened".

'We hear the phony sanctimony of those who came before you that these crimes are a "stain on your history".

( what a very odd statement to make , what are they expecting this Royal family to do about past history )?
But she didn't go from Buck House, she went from Windsor, her favourite home, where she was quite comfortable.

I'm 10 years younger than she is but I wouldn't fancy a 30 minute helicopter flight for any non essential reason. Choppers are notoriously uncomfortable and there is no Queens Flight anymore.

They use of helicopters—sometimes to travel between their houses. (2017)

"One of the quickest ways royals can get around the U.K. is to travel by helicopter. Between April 2018 and April 2019, 204 journeys were made on royal helicopters which cost a total of £688,845. Regulations permit the royals to use public funds to travel from residence to residence, trips they often make by helicopter. The Queen’s Helicopter Flight currently has two helicopters in operation, which are based at RAF Odiham (a Royal Air Force Station in the English town of Odiham)."

"While he doesn’t usually fly himself to or on official engagements, Prince William still likes to get behind the controls of a helicopter following his years spent in the Royal Air Force Search and Rescue and later as an air ambulance pilot. He took the opportunity to fly one for the cameras in January 2019 to highlight the work of the London Air Ambulance." (READ MORE)

prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo-820181234-1565122216.jpg

Prince George peeks inside a helicopter before departing from Hamburg airport in 2017.
Chris Jackson Getty Images

Last edited:
"Despite the possible dangers involved in air travel, royal historian David McClure suspects that's exactly why the royals are so drawn to it."
iu

"Part of the attraction of air travel must be the risks. It's a sense of adventure. I suspect they quite like the thrill of putting their life on the line," he explains. "But there might also be a deeper, psychological reason they're attracted to flight: because they live most of their life in a gilded cage. Their life is regimented. When they go up in the air, they're almost free. They're literally spreading their wings."
iu

It's a miniature Buckingham Palace in motion, a sleek and streamlined royal residence of the railroads, and the queen's favorite way to travel: the royal train. It's a centuries-old institution which is still shuttling senior members of the royal family around today.

Inside the Queen's Royal Train & it's probably not as luxurious as you would expect

I have always thought he was a good and honorable person. Maybe caught inside of web of twisted politics. But I do think he has lived a life, trying to be a good servant of the British people. Not perfect or anything, but I think at heart, he has always wanted to be a good person and serve England well.

People talk about his affair with Camilla. But I see it the opposite way. Because of the pressures of royalty he was basically forced to marry someone that he did not know, was not in love with and was many years his junior.

Not disparaging Princess Di. I think she was an amazing person.

We are not talking about the Royals, most of the males are qualified and current helicopter pilots, but HM herself who has severe mobility problems and I suggest would find getting into and out of a helicopter very difficult, I know I would.

There is no longer a Queens flight or a Queens train, let alone a Royal Yacht, though that's not to say a little bit of painting and primping goes on if she's due to travel!

Back