King Charles III, his fascinating life

Is a slow-motion transition underway?

"On Friday, the Queen was able to attend the Royal Windsor Horse Show -- one of her favorite events -- and was pictured smiling as she arrived. Nonetheless, while nobody doubts Elizabeth's commitment to duty and service, the reality is that she can only firmly commit to working from home at the moment. That inevitably elevates Prince Charles' role and profile, alongside that of Prince William. Both will now have to prioritize the Queen's diary over theirs."

"There is no suggestion that the Queen will abdicate and hand the crown permanently to Charles, nor of him becoming Regent, which means making him monarch without the title. But both princes have been activated as Counsellors of State, where the Queen delegates her sovereign power for specific purposes. They now need to be even more available for those duties."

"Charles has already juggled a busy week of engagements alongside the opening of Parliament. He's hosted a Buckingham Palace garden party and popped up at Oxford University, London's Canada House and a sneaker store in south London in the three days since visiting Westminster -- indicating his burgeoning workload. But he is the longest serving heir to the throne in British history, and there is no doubt he has the experience to take up a full royal agenda."

"The more we see him doing so, the more familiar we will be with him in that role. It's the mechanism for readying us for the next monarch, and reduces the culture shock that some will feel when it happens. Charles may not be as well-loved by the public as his mother right now, but we won't truly know how accepted he will be as a monarch until he becomes King."
There is no such thing as a slow transition.

The monarch dies or a Regent is appointed.

Only one person is ever in charge.

The Queen out at work again today... at the opening of the New Elizabeth Line on the tube... looks like Prince Edward has been given the permanent position of replacing his father Prince Philip. There's a rumour going around that Edward will eventually become the Duke of Edinburgh, instead of the Duke of Wessex .

57917225-10824699-In_a_major_clue_an_hour_before_Edward_was_due_to_arrive_Transpor-a-51_1652789974654.jpg

57918053-10824699-The_Queen_walked_slowly_as_she_made_her_way_around_the_station_c-a-68_1652798998993.jpg

57916913-10824699-Queen_Elizabeth_II_at_Paddington_station_in_London_to_mark_the_c-a-50_1652789974652.jpg

"Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive in Canada on May 17, 2022 in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are visiting for three days from May 17 to 19. The tour forms part of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations."
(Photo by Jacob King - Pool/Getty Images)
84137ae0-d611-11ec-9f05-ae1d50e00932

"Prince Charles and Camilla, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall, landed in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador on the first stop of their three-day Canadian tour.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was on hand to greet the royal couple who is visiting as part of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations."

Today The Prince of Wales donned his full regalia today as he attended the Order of the Bath service at Westminster Abbey. I'm thinking how much he is getting to look like his Great Uncle David (King Edward Vlll).... and his maternal grandfather King George

58216279-10849043-image-a-21_1653389578569.jpg

58216305-10849043-image-a-22_1653389583001.jpg

58216477-10849043-image-a-24_1653389648172.jpg

58216285-10849043-image-a-30_1653389694562.jpg

Gee, Holly, I think Charles looks more like his father Philip than either of the other two. Edward, or David, as he was known was rather boyish for most of his life. The brother of David who was killed in a plane crash during WWII, I think, George was his name, was the best looking of those Windsor boys. Just as Andrew was the better looking of the 3 present ones. I never thought Charles was particularly attractive. Young Edward was when he was younger.

Gee, Holly, I think Charles looks more like his father Philip than either of the other two. Edward, or David, as he was known was rather boyish for most of his life. The brother of David who was killed in a plane crash during WWII, I think, George was his name, was the best looking of those Windsor boys. Just as Andrew was the better looking of the 3 present ones. I never thought Charles was particularly attractive. Young Edward was when he was younger.
Oh no, I have to disagree Lois, I don't think he looks like Philip at all.... , I do agree David was boyish, but look at both Bertie & David as they got older. if you look at Bertie... because he was ill with lung cancer, by the time he got to his 50's he looked as old as David did when he was in his 70's...

58232717-10850331-image-a-11_1653412548595.jpg
The Prince of Wales met with A-list celebrities including Amal Clooney at today's Prince's Trust Awards in London (pictured, with Amal and Edward Enninful)

Good Lord, Amal Clooney looks almost anorexic, I hope she's not ill

Prince Charles visits Ukrainian refugees in surprise visit to Romania

05/25/2022
"The Prince of Wales visited the Romexpo Donation Center for Ukrainian refugees in Bucharest, accompanied by Princess Margareta, 73, known as the Custodian of the Romanian Crown as the heir to the last king of Romania and to the now-defunct Romanian monarchy. (The two are distantly related, as descendants of Britain's Queen Victoria.) "

eb6896e6-f944-4baa-81e1-8fecab9a1c4f-AFP_AFP_32B378X.jpg

"Speaking to a group of Ukrainians through an interpreter, Charles apologized for his lack of language skills, saying, "I wish my Ukrainian was better."

"We feel for you greatly, it's a nightmare situation," he said. "I'm full of admiration for the Ukrainian people. Total, extraordinary courage and resilience."
Read More

Last edited:
Absolutely Immaculate!

Trousers just brushing the shoes correctly, cuff shot to the precise half inch and a pocket handkerchief matching the nicely understated tie. Whole effect spoiled by that dreadful shirt though

Prince Charles Talks About His Personal Style in Rare Interview with British Vogue (2020)
The Prince of Wales, who is known for repairing his clothes and patching up shoes, tells British Vogue, "I'm glad you think it has style"

iu

The prince has a reputation for mending and repairing his bespoke leather shoes and patching up old suits that are handmade in tailors’ haven, Saville Row, in London. (READ MORE)
I agree with him here. If one pays a lot of money for clothes and accessories, it makes sense to find artisans to be able to repair same. Styles may come and go, but in my opinion quality out does style any day. Further, it isn't all that difficult for experts to alter good stuff to change a style to fit the times.

Prince Charles goes hiking on his estate in Transylvania as he takes a short break ahead of Jubilee celebrations - May 27, 2022
58348467-10860003-Prince_Charles_pictured_centre_was_snapped_while_taking_a_walk_o-m-11_1653637844858.jpg
58349005-10860003-image-m-9_1653637753038.jpg

"Prince Charles has been snapped having an animated conversation during a hike on his Transylvanian estate in Romania. The royal, 73, whose estate is in Valea Zalanului, Szeklerland, has ancestry in Transylvania. His maternal great-great-great-grandmother Klaudia Rhedey was born and raised in the region."

"Charles, who bought the estate in the late '90s, and has been a regular visitor to Romania since, was spotted wearing sensible walking shoes and slacks for the hike."

"He also carried a pair of binoculars, slung around his neck, and carried a stick for tackling some of the visibly uneven terrain."

"The walk came a day after the royal visited Ukrainian refugees, during an unannounced tour of the Romexpo donation centre for refugees in the capital Bucharest."

Last edited:
Prince Charles goes hiking on his estate in Transylvania as he takes a short break ahead of Jubilee celebrations - May 27, 2022
58348467-10860003-Prince_Charles_pictured_centre_was_snapped_while_taking_a_walk_o-m-11_1653637844858.jpg
58349005-10860003-image-m-9_1653637753038.jpg

"Prince Charles has been snapped having an animated conversation during a hike on his Transylvanian estate in Romania. The royal, 73, whose estate is in Valea Zalanului, Szeklerland, has ancestry in Transylvania. His maternal great-great-great-grandmother Klaudia Rhedey was born and raised in the region."

"Charles, who bought the estate in the late '90s, and has been a regular visitor to Romania since, was spotted wearing sensible walking shoes and slacks for the hike."

"He also carried a pair of binoculars, slung around his neck, and carried a stick for tackling some of the visibly uneven terrain."

"The walk came a day after the royal visited Ukrainian refugees, during an unannounced tour of the Romexpo donation centre for refugees in the capital Bucharest."
There's more Ballroom in those Chinos.. than the dance floor on Strictly come dancing...:ROFLMAO:

he heir-to-the-throne, 73, showed off his moves during the Prince's Foundation event which took place yesterday, ahead of the Platinum Jubilee's celebrations later this week

58507671-10871657-Fancy_footwork_The_Prince_of_Wales_dazzled_on_the_dancefloor_as_-a-45_1654013631731.jpg
Dear God, that's my Gramma, back from the dead.... she's in the black and white floral, under the potted plant!

Check out Charles' flirty expression as he pushes Maude around the dance floor. Do ya think she'll swoon? What do you think he's saying to her?

I'm after the snappy chap in front of the pillar sorta to the right...shades, spiffy straw hat and cool striped blazer. My goodness, those trousers are a bit long.

But then the guy dressed in brown isn't bad for a bald guy. After all, Prince William... never mind. Is his name Lurch?

Gee @hollydolly, thanks for inviting me. It's a great party!
🤣

Back