Prince Eclipsing Bowie?

fureverywhere

beloved friend who will always be with us in spiri
I dunno, I mean Prince was when I was a teen and onward and he was a phenomenal performer...more than thirty albums nevermind whole vaults of unreleased stuff...You know he led a busy life. But so far I've counted three or four magazine specials and maybe six to eight magazine covers. Even with a new album and Broadway show timed with his passing. Bowie got far less press. Perhaps because Prince had a broader, younger, fan base? I just find it puzzling. I mean they were both icons. How do they decide who gets more press. I mean somebody like Lou Reed stayed in the background the last years of his life. So when he passed he got page long write-ups, but then he was lesser known outside his fans. Thoughts?

I have my thoughts but can't express them here. Because actually I have no idea why. :)

ETA: Just think about what an eclipse is and does and that might give you an answer.

Another reason: are you just looking at the US press? True, David Bowie lived here, but Prince was an American by birth. Is he eclipsing David Bowie in other countries' publications as well?

I think Prince received much more press than David Bowie here in the U. S.. There is a San Francisco talk show host who has been talking about Prince a lot, mainly his possible "addiction" to pain killers.

Back