was having an affair, her driver was reporting to MI5 &
her son William had a watch that recorded everything,
these are some of the things that Martin Bashir told her
brother the Earl Spencer. Was this an indirect cause of
her death trying to get away from the paparazzi and the
driver had drank too much alcohol?

That question was asked by Dai Davies the former head
of "Royal Protection".
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...-former-head-royal-protection-DAI-DAVIES.html

Now there is a hue and cry about his methods of obtaining
an interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...view-diana-question-how-secured-martin-bashir

Mike.

Last edited:
Excellent addition to the Crime Forum, Mike!

Will spend a little time refreshing myself on this case and then will revisit it again.

Chat again about it.

I recently read an article by someone who knew the Spencer-Churchill family intimately. It stated that Diana had a very troubled childhood with bouts of neurotic behavior before she became involved with Charles. Whether he was made aware of this, is uncertain, but he was reluctant to marry her. He claims his father pushed him into it. At one point, when Diana was in a mental mess, she asked her brother to allow her to live back at their home estate and he refused plus he refused to help her in any way whatsoever. So, now he's all bent out of shape over this? Get a grip.

People need their privacy and they certainly did not respect the privacy of Diana!!

It was so sad to see what happened to her. She was a saint, a real saint.
She wasn't a saint but she was a good person who was born into the wrong sort of family. Her parents had two daughters and a son. The son died so they had another child, hoping it would be another boy. It was another girl, Lady Diana. So right from her birth, she was a disappointment. Her parents did have another son, Charles.
She was sensitive and emotional. If she had been brought up in a different family, who understood her, things might have been different.
I think her confidence grew when she became aware of how much the British public loved her.

Not a saint for sure. Just my opinion of course. I have never been one to put the "Royals" above anyone else. They have to keep up their image and I am amazed at the number of people who think they are more than regular folks. They just live their lives in the spotlight and then whine about no privacy, etc. Give me a break!

Not a saint for sure. Just my opinion of course. I have never been one to put the "Royals" above anyone else. They have to keep up their image and I am amazed at the number of people who think they are more than regular folks. They just live their lives in the spotlight and then whine about no privacy, etc. Give me a break!
I wouldn't like their life, it might be OK for a time,
but not forever.

It has to be like being born into the army, you have
to do what other people tell you, difficult to go away
for a holiday without police everywhere.

Not for me.

I am a Royalist and I respect them.

Mike.

She wasn't a saint but she was a good person who was born into the wrong sort of family. Her parents had two daughters and a son. The son died so they had another child, hoping it would be another boy. It was another girl, Lady Diana. So right from her birth, she was a disappointment. Her parents did have another son, Charles.
She was sensitive and emotional. If she had been brought up in a different family, who understood her, things might have been different.
I think her confidence grew when she became aware of how much the British public loved her.
Well I'm sorry you don't agree but I feel she was a real saint anyway.

Did all the brainwashing before her infamous interview
cause her to go a bit crazy by thinking that her husband
was having an affair, her driver was reporting to MI5 &
her son William had a watch that recorded everything,
these are some of the things that Martin Bashir told her
brother the Earl Spencer. Was this an indirect cause of
her death trying to get away from the paparazzi and the
driver had drank too much alcohol?

That question was asked by Dai Davies the former head
of "Royal Protection".
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...-former-head-royal-protection-DAI-DAVIES.html

Now there is a hue and cry about his methods of obtaining
an interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...view-diana-question-how-secured-martin-bashir

Mike.

I don't think there was any question that Charles was still involved with Camilla, was there?

Charles always wanted t marry Camilla, but at the time
it was not allowed, she is a commoner and the Royals
had to marry someone in the Gentry, Diana was chosen
for him, but not by him.

Mike.

You said it better than I ever could have, Terry!

Back