Publix markets giving COVID shots...

Pappy

Living the Dream
Made sure I got up before 6 am as there was a notice last night that Publix had 45,000 doses to give out, but sign up time was 6 am. So, I signed up and waited for almost an hour and nothing happened. Then I got a notice that all slots are filled. Sure is discouraging. :(

Made sure I got up before 6 am as there was a notice last night that Publix had 45,000 doses to give out, but sign up time was 6 am. So, I signed up and waited for almost an hour and nothing happened. Then I got a notice that all slots are filled. Sure is discouraging. :(
Pappy is that supermarket set up in case of an emergency should someone have a life threatening reaction? Or are they just jabbing you and sending you on your merry way? If this is the case...please find someplace that has medical help available just in case and a place that will let you sit for 15 min just in case. Please.

When you say nothing happened...They weren't even administering any shots while you were there or they ran out?

Pappy is that supermarket set up in case of an emergency should someone have a life threatening reaction? Or are they just jabbing you and sending you on your merry way? If this is the case...please find someplace that has medical help available just in case and a place that will let you sit for 15 min just in case. Please.

When you say nothing happened...They weren't even administering any shots while you were there or they ran out?
No Marciks. This was all done on line. Never went to the market. Appointments online only. But, they fill up so fast it’s impossible to sign up.

I read the wait at Dodger Stadium is around 6 hours - & many people were sent home after waiting.
Whatever happened to the suggestion that the vaccine can only be given where there is "Resuscitation Equipment" & trained personnel?

I read the wait at Dodger Stadium is around 6 hours - & many people were sent home after waiting.
Whatever happened to the suggestion that the vaccine can only be given where there is "Resuscitation Equipment" & trained personnel?
The Dodger Stadium vaccinations are manned by a mix of volunteers, clinicians, and city fire personnel. There will undoubtedly be resuscitation equipment and paramedics on site since the fire department is in charge of logistics.

I think they're using folks from other medical services like urgent care and stuff but still...i'd have to be somewhere with quick access to help. i wouldn't feel safe at a supermarket.

Grocery Store???? What's next...the local gas station/convenience store??? Personally, we've waited this long...we can wait a bit longer until the shots are available at a proper medical facility.

The Dodger Stadium vaccinations are manned by a mix of volunteers, clinicians, and city fire personnel. There will undoubtedly be resuscitation equipment and paramedics on site since the fire department is in charge of logistics.
Maybe, but I can't help but wonder if every parking lot, market, & who knows what other place will have the same protections. That would require lots of resources & personnel that we're short of......at least that's what we're being told.

Back