"Pulled" My Knee

Hi Ruth,sorry just saw your post,can tell you what I've experienced
I had partial right knee surgery in 2004,the knee start to bother me last yr,had xrays taken I have condtion{can't remember medical term} where calcium crystals get in between the cartiledge makes the knee stiff&sore,can't sit for long periods of time.When it really bothers me,I ice it take Aleve at night.I still do the exercises my therapist gave me 16 yrs every morning when I get out of bed.It limbers up the knee before I take my 1st walk of the day
Last Nov I was diagnosed with osterarthritis in my left knee.My dr's NP told me I'd probably have to have surgery in 2 yrs.I had trouble then walking up/down stairs,really stiff &sore.I went to physical therapy in Jan-March a couple times/wk,my therapist really helped me.I still do the exercises he gave me every day,the knee feels alot better.I walk up/down the stairs almost every day.It hasn't stopped me for going on my daily walks.I don't use a knee brace ,once in awhile I use the heating pad only my left knee. Sue
Thanks Sue, I should get xrays again on my knee--haven't in a long while. Ice seems to help the knee cap and just above it, too. Sorry you have had such a struggle with it.

I had a Cortisone shot in my left knee about 18 ,months ago for pain and no more after that but now my right knee needs work. Many things can go wreng so don't guess at it. My pain was from grinding between the bones leaving sharp edges.

Back