Questions For Our Debodun

Well, my aunt already informed me that she's "not doing Thanksgiving this year", so I'm on my own. I have two turkey meals-on-wheels trays in the freezer. They are a lot like TV dinners. The program is also distributing their "official" Thanksgiving meals on November 16th since meals are not delivered on holidays. Luckily, I deliver on that day and can request a meal. I'll probably just have to fix a few side dishes.

This is a screenshot of part of the November menu. The Thanksgiving meal is outlined in red.

nov.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer Deb. I think more and more people are on their own over the holidays. I am, too, yet I have my little dog šŸ• still. I may just order a meal from the church that distributes them, too, now that you mentioned it. My family all live out of state now.

Since my hubby passed away suddenly on October 13th, I'll be alone for the first time on Thanksgiving. He and I had talked about Thanksgiving and I told him I was fixing a turkey breast this year and not a whole turkey since his kids live in AZ and CA. Guess I'm not fixing anything this year :( Too bad all us "singles" can't get together for a feast. I'd even fix it because I always have had a big Thanksgiving dinner.

Some people organize covered dish Thanksgiving meals. DH & then DH & I hosted one for years before our kids were born - held it the Saturday before TG.

At that time in So Cal, a lot of people in their twenties lived far from family and couldn't afford to travel for TG and Christmas, so they stayed local for TG. They were uncomfortable about the idea of joining an actual TG family event with a co-workers parents, kids, etc., but this was a very acceptable way to celebrate.

DH & I made the turkey, stuffing and gravy. Everyone else signed up to bring a dish. It was always a wonderful feast and everyone brought home a plate of assorted leftovers.

Just a thought.

Back