"Quote?"

What does "quote" that's next to "reply" mean? I know it has something to do with multiple quotes; however, when I've clicked on it, it has seemed to have gotten me nowhere.

What does "quote" that's next to "reply" mean? I know it has something to do with multiple quotes; however, when I've clicked on it, it has seemed to have gotten me nowhere.
If you want to quote what another poster already quoted as I did with your post above....Click on quote and a new message will tell you to "insert quote" click on that and it will appear. You can also at that time delete part of their post which is not relevant.

If you want to quote what another poster already quoted as I did with your post above....Click on quote and a new message will tell you to "insert quote" click on that and it will appear. You can also at that time delete part of their post which is not relevant.
Thanks, Lee. What you did would have worked with a simple "reply." However, it I'd wanted to quote both my post and yours (your whole post), I'd have used this method?

I have another post in this forums asking how to delete a note I'd started, but hadn't posted. I was going to try to "quote" this one, but clicked on "reply" instead and couldn't get out of it.

By clicking Quote it will add the post to your multi-quote list, then you can click Insert Quotes to quote them in your reply. Insert Quotes link is below the input box, but only appears if you multi-quote list is not empty.

By this way, you can even quote posts from other threads.

By By clicking Quote it will add the post to your multi-quote list, then you can click Insert Quotes to quote them in your reply. Insert Quotes link is below the input box, but only appears if you multi-quote list is not empty.

By this way, you can even quote posts from other threads.
By "input box? do you mean "post reply?" If so, when I first began on this site, I clicked on "quote" a few times before I got the hang of it. That means there should be quotes in my list, but I'm showing nothing that I can see.

Quote a post, can you see Insert Quotes? It's on the left of "Post Reply", the same line.

quote.jpg

The "delete draft" may answer your question in another thread.

Back