R.I.P Kenny Rogers

hollydolly

SF VIP
Country music Giant, Kenny Rogers died last night age 81 . I grew up listening to his music from being a child, and he was one who inspired me to love country music as I did and still do.....

Thankfully he's left us lots of great music and memories... so please post your favourite songs by Kenny here in memoriam..

Very sad indeed, hd, that Kenny Rogers passed away:

Kenny Rogers Dies at Home--story here

Kenny Rogers, the country musician behind such hits as “The Gambler” and "Lady" over a six-decade career, has died at the age of 81, his family announced early Saturday.

“Rogers passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” according to a statement from his management firm, SKH Music.

His family plans a small private service due to the coronavirus outbreak, the statement said.

"Born in Texas, the fourth of eight children, singer Kenny Rogers grew up in a poor area of Houston where his father worked in a shipyard and his mother in a hospital. He became the first member of his family to graduate from high school. He took an interest in singing while quite young and as a teenager joined a doo-wop recording group who called themselves "The Scholars"."

"At age 19, Kenny recorded 'That Crazy Feeling' for a small Houston label, Carlton Records, and his career was off and running." (1958)

I am so sad to see this. I didn't know he was sick. I saw him in concert way back in the seventies. I first started listening to him when he was in the First Edition. I used to have every one of his albums when they came on 8 tracks and cassettes. He had a line of clothing out in the 80's and I remember having a pair of jeans that had "Lady" embroidered on the back pockets and one with "Gambler" on it. I forgot about that till I started writing this.

Up until just right now, I did NOT equate 'I just dropped in' to Kenny Rogers
I musta been really wasted back then

Heh, I didn't really equate Kenny Rogers with the First Edition, either
I musta been really really wasted

Never had any LPs or tapes to speak of.....just spun the knob until what I liked to hear came on

Now I so miss that song, those times.....RIP, Kenny.....you rocked and I didn't even know it wuz you.....until you just dropped in

Up until just right now, I did NOT equate 'I just dropped in' to Kenny Rogers
I musta been really wasted back then

Heh, I didn't really equate Kenny Rogers with the First Edition, either
I musta been really really wasted

Never had any LPs or tapes to speak of.....just spun the knob until what I liked to hear came on

Now I so miss that song, those times.....RIP, Kenny.....you rocked and I didn't even know it wuz you.....until you just dropped in
that has got to be the nicest condolences I've ever read... brought a little tear to my eye...

Bummer, I loved Kenney Rogers I used to have some records. I do still have a record player that works and CDs and all that. I will be able to listen to him when my new hard drive shows up this next week. I can only do little stuff for now....I am grateful my backup still works...lots of love and hugs to you all, R.I.P. Kenny!

I used to date a man who was the spitting image of Kenny Rodgers. (an exact twin!) We were treated like royalty whereever we went, even though he kept telling people he was not Kenny Rodgers. They didn't believe him!

I used to date a man who was the spitting image of Kenny Rodgers. (an exact twin!) We were treated like royalty whereever we went, even though he kept telling people he was not Kenny Rodgers. They didn't believe him!
I had a neighbour in Niagara Falls who was also a dead-ringer for Kenny Rogers. Would have sworn it was him. Have seen other men who have also had a very close resemblance to the younger Kenny Rogers.

I couldn't believe it. Two days before he died I had just watched this video of his tribute to Lionel Richie. I thought it (he) was cute and funny in his delivery. May he Rest in Musical Paradise.

Back