Recipe-ranch stew (more like a soup)

perplexed

This is called ranch stew (some call it cowboy stew) It is more like s soup than a stew though.
It freezes very well so make a double batch if you can. The canned ranch beans through me off at first but it is so good.
I make Mexican or plain cornbread with it.

Ranch Stew

1 lb. hamburger meat (browned)

1 chopped onion

1 chopped bell pepper

1 can of Ranch Beans

1 can of white shoe peg corn

1 can of stewed tomatoes

1 can of Rotel tomatoes

Combine all ingredients and simmer for one hour.

Stir about every 15 mins just to make sure it is not sticking.
Enjoy!

Sorry, I thought I had replied days ago to this It sounds so good!! I have it pinned in my favorites. I checked the pantry right away and I had everything but the corn. I picked up a couple cans when I went to the store. This will be added to my soup rotation, love that it freezes well. Thanks for sharing!!

This is called ranch stew (some call it cowboy stew) It is more like s soup than a stew though.
It freezes very well so make a double batch if you can. The canned ranch beans through me off at first but it is so good.
I make Mexican or plain cornbread with it.

Ranch Stew

1 lb. hamburger meat (browned)

1 chopped onion

1 chopped bell pepper

1 can of Ranch Beans

1 can of white shoe peg corn

1 can of stewed tomatoes

1 can of Rotel tomatoes

Combine all ingredients and simmer for one hour.

Stir about every 15 mins just to make sure it is not sticking.
Enjoy!
Ooh! I'd love to try this! I love all the ingredients.

Sorry, I thought I had replied days ago to this It sounds so good!! I have it pinned in my favorites. I checked the pantry right away and I had everything but the corn. I picked up a couple cans when I went to the store. This will be added to my soup rotation, love that it freezes well. Thanks for sharing!!
You did reply I just placed it in the recipe section so others could see the recipe and hopefully enjoy it too!

Sounds good but have never heard of shoe peg corn so I googled it. Does not seem as if it is available here in Canada. Suppose I could just use peaches and cream corn maybe?

If you can't find shoe peg corn (it is a white corn in can a little sweeter than yellow) you can use just plain yellow kernel corn. Not sure how cream corn would do might change the texture a bit more but you can certainly try it.

If you can't find shoe peg corn (it is a white corn in can a little sweeter than yellow) you can use just plain yellow kernel corn. Not sure how cream corn would do might change the texture a bit more but you can certainly try it.
we can call this corn fusion for lack of a better word :D

Here in Canada, Peaches and Cream corn is just a variety of corn. You can buy it canned or frozen. They call it that as it is a mix of yellow and white corn. Not to be confused with creamed corn

@perplexed, It is in the pot simmering!! Somehow I have lost the cans of white corn I bought so I just used a can of yellow LOL
It should be fine, the white just gives it a slight different flavor. use the white next time if you find it and post if you can tell the difference. I hope you enjoy it.

Back