Regifting.......

I never regifted anything that I pretended was a new gift from me, but I've certainly given things away that I've gotten as gifts. I mean like someone has said they're looking for a toaster and I've said I've got one that my Aunt Hattie gave me for Christmas and I've never used it and would they like to have it. But that's a little different than actual regifting.

I've regifted nice bottles of wine when I've needed a hostess gift. Also after receiving a kind of booze that we'd never use but I know the new recipient favors.

Also have regifted alcohol when finding myself in an awkward social situation - someone showed up at my house with a (non-hostess) gift and I needed to reciprocate. I hit our wine rack, find a nice bottle of something or other, put it in a gift bag and voila!

I never regifted anything that I pretended was a new gift from me, but I've certainly given things away that I've gotten as gifts. I mean like someone has said they're looking for a toaster and I've said I've got one that my Aunt Hattie gave me for Christmas and I've never used it and would they like to have it. But that's a little different than actual regifting.
Me too.

I always appreciate someone giving me something. I have never regifted something. I laughed one year when I bought my son-in-law's mother a gift and a few months later she regifted it to me. She told me she really loved the gift so much that she wanted to buy me one also. She neglected to put it in a different box and the one she gave to me still had the card I gave it to her inside with my name signed on it. I didn't say anything but Thank you.

I re-gifted a tea pot that someone had just given me the day before. It was still in it's box when I saw another friend drive up with a gift, we usually exchange, but I hadn't expected her to stop by so early in December. I felt funny about it, but it was a beautiful tea pot that I hated to part with, if that makes it okay?

If I get a gift I can't use I'll often pass it on to someone who can use it, but I tell them that I can't use it and hope someone else can. I once got a candle from a cousin that had been a gift to her from my sister...I was with my sister when she bought it. It was a great candle, my sister has way better taste than my cousin.

My eldest son's wife re-gifts like crazy, like I think she loves getting gifts just for the excitement of deciding who she'll re-gift them to. I always give her Amazon cards for Christmas bc I know she uses them. She geeks out over Amazon. Crazy thing is, both she and my son earn exceptionally decent salaries.

Back