Remy needed surgery.

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
E97DC13C-7993-4C97-A14F-DD739568EB9D.jpeg
Remy had detached dew claws on his back legs. Think large skin tag, but with a nail on the end. šŸ˜– The potential for them catching on something and tearing and ripping with resultant tissue damage, bleeding etc isnā€™t worth the worry so we made the decision, on the advice of our vet, to have them removed.

Additionally, because of my years spent in rescue, Iā€™ve seen some nasty injuries of detached dew claws that werenā€™t taken care of so all the more reason.

I have a great vet, he didnā€™t do intravenous anesthesia, just an inhalant sedative so Remy hag none of the grogginess or ā€œhangoverā€ type discomfort, and the dog was bouncing off the walls by the time I picked him up after surgery! šŸ˜‚

2A5EAAEC-6C7C-4A7A-B177-B663E91247DB.jpeg

Here he is after we got home. He came through the surgery just fine, charmed all the staff, and was so happy to see me! ā¤ļø Heā€™s crashed out (yes heā€™s a weirdo and sometimes sleeps like this! šŸ™„) because we spent some time outside when we got home playing his favorite game of running after the ball. You can see the bandages on his rear legs.

Last edited:

Back