Restful Images From Peaceful Places

JonDouglas

There is much beauty in the world if you've the time, inclination and eye to find and see it. There is a place not too distant that is the epitome of restful and peaceful - a Trappist Monastery. It makes a pleasant "get off" stop when you're putting some miles on your legs, back and butt. Below ares some images therefrom.

may16_2021_spencer_abbey1.jpg

Above right is the monastery's open chapel. Below are other parts of the abbey, the extent of which is quite large.

may16_2021_spencer_abbey3.jpg

Monastery grounds are simple and pristine

may16_2021_spencer_abbey2.jpg

Like other Trappist monasteries, this abbey is into making jams, jellies and beer for distribution elsewhere. I've not tried their beer.

Last edited:
I find riding up toward and into the Green Mountains of Vermont very enjoyable and restful, especially on roads where there isn't much traffic. The air, sky, hills, trees and green fields all meld in your senses to provide a dopamine boost to the brain and smile for your face.

vermont_road.jpg

My hope is that you find the photo pleasing, if not restful/relaxing.

I find riding up toward and into the Green Mountains of Vermont very enjoyable and restful, especially on roads where there isn't much traffic. The air, sky, hills, trees and green fields all meld in your senses to provide a dopamine boost to the brain and smile for your face.

vermont_road.jpg

I have a love for old barns and buildings, and this scene doesn't disappoint! :love:

vermont_road.jpg

I especially find this photo peaceful. I love the green trees and the effect of them in the mountains in the distance.

View attachment 168090

“Cool and Green and Shady” in Michigan
I am thinking your "cool and green and shady" is about as good as it gets, given the canopy of trees shown. In my area, this type of trail, path or road is my favorite among all the restful places I know of. As is often the case, I rode down one yesterday.

jun5_2021_shutesbury,-cville-rd1.jpg

Heavily canopied forest spots always remind of a (required reading) book from my youth - W.H. Hudson's Green Mansions.

That is another winner! Thanks. Autumn reflections in a river or pond are also right up there in the list of most peaceful places. I find them less restful in that I run/ride around trying to grab as much color as I can - a kid in the candy store type of thing. Canopied forests make me want to lie down, take a nap and dream happy thoughts.

A very restful place found on a motorcycle trip past - the hillside behind an old estate.

jun26_2018_naumkeag_hillside.jpg

It is one of those places where you just sit down in the shade, daydream a little and wish you could share the beauty and tranquility it with others.
All I need is a proper lounge chair and a cold refreshing drink!

Gorgeous capture, Jon!

All I need is a proper lounge chair and a cold refreshing drink!

Gorgeous capture, Jon!
Thank you. There's one more interesting piece to this hillside that I will post here shortly - a unique water fall (as opposed to a waterfall)

Edit Update: What you see below is a succession of grottos, into which water falls from the one above. When it is running, the quiet burbling sound of the water will put you to sleep.

jun2018_naumkeag_grotto2.jpg

Last edited:

Back