Retirement Graduation

SusieQ

I am retiring as of April 1. For some reason I say I'm graduating instead of retiring-a Freudian slip?
I am a nurse, so I know I can go back to work if I need to, but hope not! My job involved lots of travel so when anyone asks if I will travel, I say NO. I have lots of projects in mind but they are tumbling around in my head and I don't know what to do first. :confused:

I'd like to hear about others' experiences during the first few months of retirement. Was it hard to adapt?
Did it take awhile to settle into a routine? Maybe I will finally learn how to use this tablet!

Welcome SusieQ! :wave: Congratulations on your upcoming retirement, enjoy and just go with the flow. Stressing out about things like this will be history! It took me no time at all to adapt, like Pappy said, no alarm clocks, you are able to do as you wish, it more than excellent! :D

It's really hard not having to get up early, drive through traffic to a job I tolerated as a way to a means. But I adjusted nicely...in about 1 minute.

I eased into retirement by depleting time owed the entire month before retirement...

Back