Retro Chocolate

I buy Aldi' own Brand 'snaps'... much nicer than the Cadbury one ... my favourite is dark chocolate peppermint

My favourite retro chocolate,was this one...I wish they'd bring it back.

A box of chocolates in one Bar....

nintchdbpict000345526600.jpg

I recon that good Belgian chocolate is hard to beat. I find that Cadbury's milk chocolate is too sweet, but Bournville is fine.
Mrs. L's favourite is Ritter sport "Goldshatz" (literally, Gold treasure).
It is now, it's disgusting now, nothing like the milk chocolate of bygone days since Cadbury were taken over by Kraft/Heinz... :sick:

These days I only usually ever eat Swiss or Belgian dark chocolate

Then there were these gold foiled milk chocolate coins that came in kind of a fishnet bag. They made you work to get your chocolate as the foil had to be laboriously peeled off each coin before you could eat it. If I peeled off the foil carefully, I could reassemble the foil “coin” and use it as play money...

B840F90B-D0B6-4F43-9760-6EF62DB93ABD.jpeg

Then there were these gold foiled milk chocolate coins that came in kind of a fishnet bag. They made you work to get your chocolate as the foil had to be laboriously peeled off each coin before you could eat it. If I peeled off the foil carefully, I could reassemble the foil “coin” and use it as play money...

View attachment 175715
yes we had those as a kid at Christmas :), we can still buy them today, but I don't like milk chocolate any longer so I never do...

Back