Sam Elliot fans.......

rgp

I watched a Gunsmoke rerun today, a young guy in the episode just looked familiar , thought to myself, that "looks" like a young Sam Elliot, but where's the voice he is so famous for........Neh, must be someone else......well I looked it up, and sure enough it was Elliot.....So, is the voice a 'condition' [throat] ? or put-on & practiced ? So damn many phony-baloney's in Hollywood, nothing surprises me.

check out his performance in last yrs'A Star is Born' he plays Bradley Cooper's older brother& manager

WoW...that's the third making of that movie........I saw the Streisand / Kristofferson version......that sucked.

I guess those genius writers have run out of ideas ?

Op mentioned 'Gunsmoke.' it has usually been on 2,3 channels per day.

When modern times get me confused, hopeless, I can right my mind with
a episode of Matthew shooting someone.

I guess viewers are declining, the one remaining 'Gunsmoke,' channel is now
running episodes from the 50's-when they were thirty minute programs.

You can always depend on Matthew for a good killing or two, and getting shot in the shoulder. This episode was from 1956, Matthew and Kitty look so young. Kitty did not own the Longbranch Saloon, but did work there.

Goggle on shootings:
Near as I can figure, Marshal Dillon was shot 56 times, but I’ve heard the count could be higher.
"My figure includes: eight shots in the left arm, six in the left shoulder, four in the left side, one in the left leg, five in the right arm, five in the right shoulder, six in the right side, three in the right chest, four in the right leg, three forehead grazes, five in the back and several creases. The poor marshal was also knocked unconscious 29 times, stabbed three times and poisoned once."

Last edited:
Last year, I watched a good movie of his on Hulu. Called The Hero . He plays an ailing movie actor, who had his one great role in a movie called The Hero. He is estranged from his family, limited to voice over jobs, etc. A sad premise, but a good movie. My idea of a great video would be just listening to Sam and Morgan Freeman just talking. They both have great voices.

Last year, I watched a good movie of his on Hulu. Called The Hero . He plays an ailing movie actor, who had his one great role in a movie called The Hero. He is estranged from his family, limited to voice over jobs, etc. A sad premise, but a good movie. My idea of a great video would be just listening to Sam and Morgan Freeman just talking. They both have great voices.

So true. If I were a bazillionaire I'd pay handsomely to have Morgan Freeman read me a bedtime story every night.

p.s. I don't have Hulu but will look for that movie. Thanks for the tip.

I'm working my way through Gunsmoke; one of the best westerns ever made. I am watching the 2nd half of the 6th year. With 21 or 22 seasons, I don't know if I'll see them all before "I kick the bucket".

WoW...that's the third making of that movie........I saw the Streisand / Kristofferson version......that sucked.

Actually, there were five versions, I downloaded the following from VOX:
There are actually five Hollywood versions of the story — the first one is just a little different in some key details, and doesn’t have the same title. And while they each shift focus and change certain details, the allure remains the same, particularly to Academy Awards voters, who nominated the first four films in multiple categories and seem likely to do the same with the newest version.

Couldn't watch the newest version. Reminded me too much of traveling around with the band in the 70's! UGH! I saw the seedy side of the music business!

Back