Sardines

RadishRose

SF VIP
Hey @Trade , you got me started on sardines, like I used to eat with my mother. I did get King Oscar, packed in olive oil but they were skinless and boneless. I had them for lunch with a few drops of light Japanese wine vinegar. Delicious!

I started reading the label and the website. Mine were fished off the coast of Morrocco. The ones that aren't skinless and boneless are fished from Norway. Those are also called Brisling Sardines.

https://www.kingoscar.com/products/brisling-sardines/

Last edited:
I hate sardines (and pilchards) ...all those bones and skin..and the smell of canned ones ...yukkk!! I've never seen boneless sardines.. (hubs used to love them but now he's a veggie he doesn't eat fish)

In Spain, all the beach bar chiringuito's cook freshly caught Sardines...they're really much larger than the ones packed in cans!!

We buy them from Costco, the skinless and boneless in olive oil only. They're from Morocco also. We usually eat them straight from the can, maybe with crackers, cheese, etc. on the side.

s-l640.jpg

I hate sardines (and pilchards) ...all those bones and skin..and the smell of canned ones ...yukkk!! I've never seen boneless sardines.. (hubs used to love them but now he's a veggie he doesn't eat fish)

In Spain, all the beach bar chiringuito's cook freshly caught Sardines...they're really much larger than the ones packed in cans!!
Somehow, I didn't think you'd like them, mi chica :D you can have this instead....šŸ„‘ .

The omnivore, who I once was, loved sardines. I'd come home for lunch, open a can, put those unlucky little guys on mayonnaise and bread, and wolf 'em down. Yum! I actually miss them more than any other dead animal I gave up eating, about forty-two years ago.

MmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmm. Sardines on a saltine cracker with a little dab of cream cheese. Maybe with a dash of hot sauce, maybe not.

I remember how horrified I was as a teenager sailing on the old Queen Elizabeth I being given a bowl of pickled herrings on a bed of chopped onions FOR BREAKFAST. Now I'd be delighted!

Back