"Saturated Fat & Cholesterol Lies"

Trade

I'm pretty well convinced that this is correct and that it is sugar, not fat, that is behind the nationwide epidemic of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Yes, sugar - absolutely! You need some fat in your diet, you'd be hard pressed to have a fat-free diet...but then again, if you use any kind of packaged, processed type foods, you'd be hard pressed to go sugar-free as well.

I don't know about sugar making you fat.

I'm a dessert freak and I'm not fat.

I just made a batch of brownies. When I get hungry that's the type of snack I have.

It satisfies the appetite.

A personal theory from observing my weight is those prepackaged foods and cookies especially compared to baked cakes, donuts, cookies etc. I think the prepackaged foods put on more weight than things like bakery donuts or french fries because of preservatives. If a preservative stops or slows a food from deteriorating would not preservatives slow the burning of fat especially if those preservatives hang out in the fat cells like many substances? The dollar store cookies kill me more than multiple trips to a Micky D's in a week.

Sugar plays a role but so does general health, nutrition and fitness. Sugar definitely becomes a issue with the wrong combination of factors.

Back