Saturation Advertising

I'll scream if I see hat Jacuzzi shower ad with Christina Haack one more time. It seems it's on at every station break. How can that company afford to advertise so much and pay a celebrity to do it?

Others ads are in the more public interest sort like the teen that finds a foster home, a woman that comes home from what is obviously a business trip to find her husband and kids asleep in a bed, lung cancer in African-Americans, and a handful of others. These are probably important and should be aired, but the frequency is annoying to me.

I'll scream if I see hat Jacuzzi shower ad with Christina Haack one more time. It seems it's on at every station break. How can that company afford to advertise so much and pay a celebrity to do it?

Others ads are in the more public interest sort like the teen that finds a foster home, a woman that comes home from what is obviously a business trip to find her husband and kids asleep in a bed, lung cancer in African-Americans, and a handful of others. These are probably important and should be aired, but the frequency is annoying to me.
Guess you have to watch 'Mad Men' all over again. Ads are not shown for relevancy and statistics show saturation is a good thing. It's business.

Kind of forget ads because no ads streaming on HULU & Netflix. Other than that just cruise Yahoo for news. If the article doesn't look interesting I ignore it.

Some ads are distasteful and really shouldn't be shown during family tv. I mean those advertising sanitary products, incontinence pads, men's underpants and erection aids. They belong in magazines not on tv. The ones showing people cleaning their teeth and other personal hygiene activities turn my stomach. They always seem to be on when I'm eating!

The "ask your doctor to write you a prescription for blahblahblah" commercials are not only annoying but unconscionable, the toilet paper ve commercials with the bears chortling over enjoying their clean butts is beyond disgusting...

1-a-Llqmw13-Jukx-l-JKoqeo0w.png

I really don't know that I've ever bought a product due to a TV advertisement. They drive me nuts. Even try channel surfing and it's just one advertisement after another.

I don't want to give up TV though, so I guess I won't.

Right now our TV is saturated with a proposition for out of state gaming,, both for and against.
That's a dead giveaway that you are in CA. ;) I have a simple solution: voting NO on both!

^^Rant^^ State propositions are garbage, if I hit the lotto I'm going to fund a state proposition to BAN state propositions forever.
Laws should be written and enacted by the legislators....you know, the ones who are paid to write and enact laws. 😤

Medicare (CALL NOW) to get All that you deserve), Camp Lejeune (toxic water 1953 - 1988). Funny how asbestos (mesothelioma) just kind of went away. I think it was replaced by Camp Lejeune. Oh and of course all the injury attorneys, if you're hurt and it wasn't your fault, let us tell you how much money you can get (after the deduction for our fees). I hate commercials but even the ones that come with the paid streaming services are more interesting. Here's what gets me, I'm not a doctor so why is big pharma advertising their drugs to me? Most of them require a prescription and I can't write those. Strange, they can't get the doctors to hock their wares so they're trying to get the patients to do it for them. Strange world we're living in these days. Progress I guess :coffee:. Don...

Now it's the Bulb Head devices. All ads state that, "Due to skyrocketing costs and supply chain shortages, we are forced to discontinue this item." Psychological pressuring, like I'd want any of that junk.

Now it's the Bulb Head devices. All ads state that, "Due to skyrocketing costs and supply chain shortages, we are forced to discontinue this item." Psychological pressuring, like I'd want any of that junk.
That's right! You prefer your own junk! :D

All the Liberty Mutual ads...esp Limu Emu and Doug. And I am recently finding it most disturbing that they have ressurected Wiford Brimley for their recent commercials. Who wants to break the news to them that he died 2 years ago??

Back