Scammed by Scammer claiming to be from Amazon

Editorialist

I received an e-mail from info@shamipnon.com on a website bearing the Amazon logos stating they had shipped a cellphone at my request to a Florida location which I DID NOT DO for a cell phone at a price of about $749.00. Contacting them at 800 683 6847 they told me to correct the matter they had to take over my computer to get a charge on my bank and then remove it by a credit.

When they did they made a "mistake” giving me a credit or $1,000.00 more than was originally charged and wanted me to immediately get a gift card to correct the matter which I couldn't do as I was being picked up in about 30 minutes or less to go to bank and get groceries and driver was not allowed to go anywhere else.

Called bank and they told me to come right on in as they had to cancel all my banking accounts and issue new ones to stop any further withdrawals. I also had to rescan my computer for any viruses they could have put on it . Fortunately they were able to catch it but now I have to buy brand new checkbook at a cost of over $20.00 and notify all my pay on line creditors and get new credit cards They called again and I told them off real good.

Never let any individual take control of your computer to help correct a mistake they have made.

Also, I googled the phone number you listed and this came up:
Dangerous - a telephone call can belong to a fraudster or a dangerous person who can cause moral damage or financial harm to the subscriber.

E-mail and Robocall scams are on the rise....and targeting Seniors. If you don't recognize a phone caller, let it ring. If it's legitimate, they will leave a message. If you get an unusual e-mail, check the sender address closely before you even consider opening the e-mail. Answering a robocall, or opening a scam e-mail is the FIRST step in creating a financial hack that could cost you a ton of money. These criminals know that most Seniors are trustworthy, so they are targeting that "trust".

Delete anything suspicious every time, if they
are genuine and you made a mistake, meet them
in court and apologise.

These institutions keep warning us about scams,
so the have to expect some mistakes.

Mike.

phone calls, text messages, emails... be suspicious of all of them, even if they appear to come from someone you know.... the evil hackers can fake this stuff so easy and often it looks legit. the scammers are really targeting seniors these days. nothing is very private these days so be careful what you post online about yourself also. Never send personal info via texts or emails.

Back