Schwab In Talks To Acquire TD Ameritrade

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I don't care for dealing with TD Ameritrade (TDA), where about 10% of my assets are held. A couple of years ago, TDA took over Scottrade. TDA's website is too cluttered with stuff I don't care about and not user friendly in my opinion. Add to that, a TDA Rep (never could find out who) opted to bypass reinvesting one of my quarterly ETF dividends this year...without my consent. Wishing to dump the brokerage as well as further consolidate, I spoke to a representative about transferring my assets to Schwab. TDA wants $75! something no other brokerage has ever charged for. I hope Schwab acquires TDA and my account will be moved over to Schwab. If so, problem solved. ...for free.

Schwab will pay $25 billion for the acquisition and the combined assets will be worth 5 trillion dollars.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/cha...-announced-as-early-as-today-source-says.html

i am with fidelity over 30 years .... i had about 10% with vanguard but i pulled my money away from them . poor company policies , and awful customer service. amazon just booted vanguard for their 401k . they moved to fidelity too .

i am with fidelity over 30 years .... i had about 10% with vanguard but i pulled my money away from them . poor company policies , and awful customer service. amazon just booted vanguard for their 401k . they moved to fidelity too .
MJ I found Vanguard their procedure for requesting distributions to be cumbersome and confusing. I wanted to make sure that should my son need to transact business for me, he wouldn't encounter that. Some brilliant person at Vanguard sent me a check for one penny, the only cash left in my money market account after I took a distribution. Why they just didn't leave it there until I added sold more shares and added to it, I don't know but it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen (financially).

Dealing with Schwab is so much easier; their site is much more user friendly and any info I need is readily accessible. Out of all the brokerages I've done business with, I like Schwab the best. I had accounts at Fidelity for awhile but got turned off when I asked about their affiliation with ALEC and no one would answer my question about it. That's when I moved my accounts to Vanguard. The brokerage I've been with the longest is American Century Investments.

Back