Sciatica

I get it sometimes. I have lots of arthritis from head to toe. It's not a very attractive look but I must sleep with a fat pillow between my knees, otherwise my back and hip pain will drive me to distraction. Also, a rub down in sore spots with a salve such as bio-freeze or a new salve that is prescription that is an NSAID.

I have osteoarthiritis in both knees and continual nagging pain. I have a U shaped body pillow My friend gave me and its full length I find this a good support for my legs and knees and back. I tried a small knee cushion but it didnt help. I also bought a memory foam mattress topper and its excellent and purchased from AmazonUK. My Topper is made by RECCI.

Last edited:
Hi, @oldal
That's nice that you were able to play those games with your grandchild, but oh yes, I get that terrible pain, also.
Sorry you have that result, when sitting.

I try to position enough soft pads in the right places, underneath me when I sit, to try to prevent or relieve the pressure.
I also use heat , similar to the one you ordered, i think. I hope it helps you some too. It's not a cure-all, but anything is a help.

All of you who have this type of pain, too.... Thinking of you, also... @Pecos and others.... I am going to read all of your ideas and suggestions, too, in this thread.
I have a soft mattress topper pad on the bed, also, which I am thankful for.

I had not heard of this, and looked it up. Looks interesting and is similar to how I arrange the pillows I do have. Thanks for sharing about it.

May be worth looking into, Kaila. I wouldn't be without mine and not only does it give support its cosy. I bought 2 U shaped pillow cases

If you are worried about the legalities and wish to protect yourself, you might want to try looking up compassion clubs in your area. These are clubs that help you by supplying a safe supply of various types according to your illnesses. They often have access to a doctor if needed. You still need a doctors signature. They make you a card which you carry with you to get into the club to purchase your meds but also to present if you are ever legally in trouble. Some clubs even send via the mail. It’s what I had long before I became legal although I’ve never been in legal trouble in my life.

As far as method of using, it’s all very personal. I’m all for saving the lungs so don’t suggest smoking it.
Ive got a friend in Oklahoma who is on oxygen who wanted to try it. I suggested she purchase a handheld vape for personal use. There’s no smoke; just a hint if vape. There’s no marijuana smell. It uses about a 1/10th less than any other way and the overall effect is much better. Here where I live they are about $225 cda. but she got her’s for $109. It’s called an Arizer Air.

She wrote back that it works great and relieves the pain that she’s in. She had never tried it in her life and is currently 82 years old. Her kids are really happy she found something that works for her. She’s applied for her own card to protect herself since it isn’t legal where she lives either.
Note: it wasn’t my suggestion that she use.
That decision she made completely on her own. If I needed oxygen I wouldn’t be vaping.

View attachment 83503
Since they made cannabis legal in California, they are online shops that offer 24/7 delivery. Since I know nothing about cannabis or the vaping products I would not know what to order. I have seen Arizer Air on these sites. I would like to try it but don't know what to order.

Since they made cannabis legal in California, they are online shops that offer 24/7 delivery. Since I know nothing about cannabis or the vaping products I would not know what to order. I have seen Arizer Air on these sites. I would like to try it but don't know what to order.
If you need any help, just ask. I don’t want to appear like I’m pushing the idea. What I would like to offer is help & support in understanding this medicine. The shops should be able to offer a lot of help including help with vape devices also.
Just ask lots of questions.

If you need any help, just ask. I don’t want to appear like I’m pushing the idea. What I would like to offer is help & support in understanding this medicine. The shops should be able to offer a lot of help including help with vape devices also.
Just ask lots of questions.
Your not pushing me, thank you for the cannabis solution to pain suggestion,.I was looking around the marijuana online sites near me. I can get the Arizer Air but don't know what to order to fill it with.

Your not pushing me, thank you for the cannabis solution to pain suggestion,.I was looking around the marijuana online sites near me. I can get the Arizer Air but don't know what to order to fill it with.
Being from California you most likely have cannabis stores everywhere. What I’d do is make a letter stating what disorders you are dealing with and send it in to a couple of them.

They should offer suggestions for using different strains and give you the price per gram and the THC amount in each strain.

When you find a place you are comfortable with then go there are let these professionals help you.Let them know which vape you are wishing to use and they will be able to help you. They will tell or show you how to use your vape and what to expect.

If your stores are anything like the ones up here, the variety of products can be overwhelming which is why it’s good to take your time and ask as many questions as you want.

Everything is explained and weighed right in front of you. There will most likely be edibles but you really need to be careful having edibles as it’s easy to have too much. Since the THC is going through the blood stream via your digestive system, it takes hours and the high lasts much longer.

You are in a perfect state to get the help you need with this. That vape will save you a lot of money in the long run since so little is needed.

Good luck oldal. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Being from California you most likely have cannabis stores everywhere. What I’d do is make a letter stating what disorders you are dealing with and send it in to a couple of them.

They should offer suggestions for using different strains and give you the price per gram and the THC amount in each strain.

When you find a place you are comfortable with then go there are let these professionals help you.Let them know which vape you are wishing to use and they will be able to help you. They will tell or show you how to use your vape and what to expect.

If your stores are anything like the ones up here, the variety of products can be overwhelming which is why it’s good to take your time and ask as many questions as you want.

Everything is explained and weighed right in front of you. There will most likely be edibles but you really need to be careful having edibles as it’s easy to have too much. Since the THC is going through the blood stream via your digestive system, it takes hours and the high lasts much longer.

You are in a perfect state to get the help you need with this. That vape will save you a lot of money in the long run since so little is needed.

Good luck oldal. Let us know how it goes.
I'll have to screen them until I find one I trust to recommend the right thing and not things they make the most profit. The number of shops exploded when they made it legal, many have since been closed down for scamming, etc. That's why I would rather know exactly what I wanted rather than trust the shop employees. Thanks for the help.

I'll have to screen them until I find one I trust to recommend the right thing and not things they make the most profit. The number of shops exploded when they made it legal, many have since been closed down for scamming, etc. That's why I would rather know exactly what I wanted rather than trust the shop employees. Thanks for the help.
Fair enough. If you need any help with strains and choices, pm me . I’ve been doing this for over 40 years now

keep well away from pickles and oranges ' I have had it and it has last over a week really bad ache .. but I dont suffer with it '
keep away from acidy stuff if you have it ...

I used to get it when I started up the old gas mower. I switched out to an electric mower. I also see a chiropractor regularly. He fixed my sciatica in one or two treatments. I should mention that I have a healthy spine with no fusion or degeneration. It's different for everybody.

Back