SE Michigan here

I'mnotdeadyet

Hello all. Was looking around for a senior fitness/weight loss/diabetes forum and stumbled upon this place. Looks like you folks keep your forum pretty active. I'm male, 62, married, kids and grandkids. Looking around your forum I see so many of my own interests, from photography to gardening, to hunting, fishing, camping, reloading, woodworking, playing music...I could go on (and usually will if you don't shut me up).

Last December I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, but I'm beating it. I've pounded it into remission and will not let up. I'll poke around in here a bit and maybe get involved in some conversations.

Cheers!

welcomehello.jpg

I've seen you already on our active photo thread, glad to have you join us...

Thanks all!

@Ken N Tx I used to live in North Dallas, around Walnut Hill and Midway.

@hollydolly Yes ma'am! I do a lot of photography. Not a professional, I consider myself an advanced enthusiast. For the last 2 years I was able to secure an all-access media pass at the local dragway. I very much enjoy shooting race events, car shows, airplanes and airshows, etc. I also love landscapes, street photography, just about anything except weddings and portraiture. I have done them, don't like them. Too much like a job!

Thanks all!

@Ken N Tx I used to live in North Dallas, around Walnut Hill and Midway.

@hollydolly Yes ma'am! I do a lot of photography. Not a professional, I consider myself an advanced enthusiast. For the last 2 years I was able to secure an all-access media pass at the local dragway. I very much enjoy shooting race events, car shows, airplanes and airshows, etc. I also love landscapes, street photography, just about anything except weddings and portraiture. I have done them, don't like them. Too much like a job!
Me too ! I call myself an Avid photo-taker.. nothing more, although we do have an excellent pro photographer here on the board.. look forward to seeing more of your photos

Hello all. Was looking around for a senior fitness/weight loss/diabetes forum and stumbled upon this place. Looks like you folks keep your forum pretty active. I'm male, 62, married, kids and grandkids. Looking around your forum I see so many of my own interests, from photography to gardening, to hunting, fishing, camping, reloading, woodworking, playing music...I could go on (and usually will if you don't shut me up).

Last December I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, but I'm beating it. I've pounded it into remission and will not let up. I'll poke around in here a bit and maybe get involved in some conversations.

Cheers!

Hello, I'mnotdeadyet! I also was diagnosed with (borderline) Type II Diabetes, not too long ago. All the best to you with making changes to beat it.

As you can see, lots of interesting topics and advice here .. enjoy!

toronto.bw.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'mnotdeadyet! I also was diagnosed with (borderline) Type II Diabetes, not too long ago. All the best to you with making changes to bet it.

As you can see, lots of interesting topics and advice here .. enjoy!

View attachment 121687
Thanks! I can tell you that I am beating it now. At my 3 month checkup, my average daily went from 245 to 127, glucose went from 190 to 96, and A1C from 9.4 to 6. I started my diet and exercise routines the second week of January and have dropped 56 lbs. since then, exactly what the dietician said would happen! Doc said not to bother coming back for 6 months, which is coming up in October. He said if I continue along the same path he'll take me off the Metformin! WOOT!

Thanks! I can tell you that I am beating it now. At my 3 month checkup, my average daily went from 245 to 127, glucose went from 190 to 96, and A1C from 9.4 to 6. I started my diet and exercise routines the second week of January and have dropped 56 lbs. since then, exactly what the dietician said would happen! Doc said not to bother coming back for 6 months, which is coming up in October. He said if I continue along the same path he'll take me off the Metformin! WOOT!
Excellent! I wish you continued success 🥳

Well, WECOME from "snowy" northern Colorado! I'm an photographer also, but definitely not a professional or have professional equipment. My photography covers: mountain scenery (of which we live very close to), mountain wildlife (elk "rut"), professional rodeo events (which I use to be a part of) and farm/ranch life. My high school years was on a farm in northeastern Indiana raising Duroc hogs and crops.

Wife and I are both Diabetic II, take Metformin daily, really watch our bg, but both of our doctors (mine is from the VA) says we are doing fine.

Back