Second Covid Boosters?

Saph

I am trying to figure out if we need to get a second Covid booster. Got one booster a year ago.
Looking at CDC site, doesn't say anything about a second booster, but I hear people talking about a third booster.
The more I google, the more I get confused.
Do we NEED one? or is this on the principle of do we WANT to get one?
thanks

Confusion for me too..I did get a 2nd booster recently..Moderna and was told it included the latest variant
..but some say they have received 3 Phizer booster shots😠🤷‍♀️

Needing, wanting, etc., are a matter of opinion, of course.

Anyway, last I heard, Moderna contained something for the Omicron variant, while Pfizer did not.

Although I had gotten Pfizers previously, my second booster was Moderna, because of the variant.

As I understand it, one doesn't need the boosters to be considered "fully vaccinated" for most purposes. But please do your own research.

I just got what was identified as an "Updated Moderna Booster" apparently, it helps to protect against the newer variants. I originally got the J & J shot, then 2Moderna boosters, so this is my 3rd booster. My doctor says that anyone like me, with underlying health issues, needs to be fully protected. My son-in-law lost his mother to Covid and that scared me into wanting to do whatever it takes to be safe.

Needing, wanting, etc., are a matter of opinion, of course.

Anyway, last I heard, Moderna contained something for the Omicron variant, while Pfizer did not.

Although I had gotten Pfizers previously, my second booster was Moderna, because of the variant.

As I understand it, one doesn't need the boosters to be considered "fully vaccinated" for most purposes. But please do your own research.
Both Moderna and Pfizer offer bivalent (aka "updated") Covid vaccines.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepa...9-covid-19/covid-19-bivalent-vaccine-boosters

I had the J&J original poke in March of last year and then the J&J booster in December. Last month I got the Pfizer booster. With both J&J injections I experienced no adverse reaction, however the booster I got in October darn near killed me. Severe chills and then I pretty much lost control of my right leg and experienced confusion and hallucinations. Took three days to recover.

I am trying to figure out if we need to get a second Covid booster. Got one booster a year ago.
Looking at CDC site, doesn't say anything about a second booster, but I hear people talking about a third booster.
The more I google, the more I get confused.
Do we NEED one? or is this on the principle of do we WANT to get one?
thanks
You have to look real hard and read a lot on the CDC website to find where it *recommends* the booster for people with obesity, compromised immune disorder and severe respiratory/pulmonary disease. They also say there's evidence that natural immunity from a covid infection offers the same protection as the vaccine against covid b2a, b4 and b5, but it's unknown if natural immunity protects against all variants.

In any case, per the CDC, the vaccine is not required/mandatory.

I'm on the fence and not rushing to get one. My health care system is urging me to get a flu shot though. They must make money from it.
They not only make money from it, whatever isn't used has to be thrown away. That's known in the industry as
"Cash in the trash."

They not only make money from it, whatever isn't used has to be thrown away. That's known in the industry as
"Cash in the trash."
Of course any vaccines not used get thrown away...when they reach their expired useful date. As do all medications, prescribed or over the counter. If there weren't enough vaccines for those of us who want to stay protected and healthier with these vaccines, more grumbling would be heard.

So, get your vaccines.

The latest variant seems to be very mild...not worth getting a vaccine for. I'm pretty sure I had it, as my neighbour tested positive and I was unwell at the same time. The symptoms were strange but not even bad enough to take an aspirin.

I decided to get 2nd booster. latest variant. all of my shots are Moderna.
No soreness and no other symptoms after the shot. I had no reaction after the original shot but was unwell for a day after the second original shot.
3 weeks before that, I got flu shot. I get that every year. Haven't had flu in many years.

So no, not required but in my opinion, good to get protection.

My list of Covid Vaccinations:

Pfizer first round - 2/2/21 and 3/23/21

1st Booster - 12/10/21
2nd Booster - 8/9/22
3rd Booster - 11/15/22

Also got my Flu and Pneumonia shots for this year.

Some go with 'an apple a day' and some of us go a step further...

I'm on the fence and not rushing to get one. My health care system is urging me to get a flu shot though. They must make money from it.
How many people die from the flu?
The CDC estimates that an average of 35,000 people died of the flu each year over the past decade. More people died during the 2017-18 flu season than any other season in the last decade, with an estimated 52,000 flu-related deaths.
https://usafacts.org/articles/how-many-people-die-flu/

Of course any vaccines not used get thrown away...when they reach their expired useful date. As do all medications, prescribed or over the counter. If there weren't enough vaccines for those of us who want to stay protected and healthier with these vaccines, more grumbling would be heard.

So, get your vaccines.
Since I'm not getting them, there are more available for you. :giggle:

Back