Selling Antiques

I've bought a few things via Craigslist, too. I can shop on line for precisely what I want, know how much it will cost, and then go see it in person to verify that it's going to work for me. Have gotten some excellent deals.

My experience with CL shoppers is that many tend to be unreliable about showing up. That's why I give stuff away - I can't be bothered trying to squeeze a few bucks from something that is no longer of value to me.

That's a big problem these days. With so much social aid like Welfare and the like, people are so used to getting things for nothing (or next to nothing). Some people try to shame me into giving them things (e.g. "I lost my job two years ago." or "I am single mom with six kids."). Am I responsible for what their life situations are? I've had people try to walk away with things. One time I confronted a woman that attempted a five-finger-discount. She said nobody should have to pay anything since it is stuff I don't want, or it wouldn't be outside the house.

My experience with CL shoppers is that many tend to be unreliable about showing up. That's why I give stuff away - I can't be bothered trying to squeeze a few bucks from something that is no longer of value to me.

I did have one dude that didn't show when I was selling my Kayak. I was hoping that he would get back to me and try to reschedule because I was going to tell him that it wasn't for sale to him at any price now.

Back