Semi-Annual Exam

oldman

I go to the doctors twice a year for check-ups. Not sure why twice a year, but I never questioned it. Yesterday was my second visit this year. It appears that my anemia may be here for the rest of my life, but my platelets are formed fine and are the right size. This is something that I had never heard of. Anyway, the doctor said I was in great shape and go home and keep on doing what I am doing. I was even given the OK to start running 5 days a week again. However, now that I have been running only 2 days a week and walking the other 3, I like that better. I also had the high dose flu shot. So, we will see how it goes for the next 6 months. :D:D

I go twice a year also... unless I need to see him sooner for some reason. The reason I go is to have blood work reviewed as my medication may affect the values and need to be adjusted. Besides... I think he loves me. lol!!!

With my family practitioner, I would say I am scheduled for at least 4 visits a year. I've had issues with anemia since I was a kid, sometimes it's fine, sometimes not so good, no matter my diet, so, that gets checked regularly same with my D and B12 numbers and the other bloodwork numbers get checked about twice a year unless an issues seems at hand.

oldman....Don't worry too much about the anemia. I have been anemic since childhood. I am 6'2" and 225 lbs. and I think I can still hold my own. Feel good and have plenty of energy.

If the anemia is a vitamin B12 deficiency check to see if your stomach acid is strong enough because the if the stomach acid is not you will not absorb vitamin B12. A lot of people who are on anti acids or on other meds for stomach problems will be deficient in B12.

Back