Seniors, Are You Comfortable Being Naked in Front of Others?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I just came back from the gym, and I am always impressed with the confidence some women have being completely naked in front of others. I'm not the type, I was brought up to be very modest and covered up. If I changed in high school for gym class, I faced the locker and did everything quickly, always leaving some clothes on.

I was once at a hot springs with my husband, and there was a women-only mineral bath area where everyone was nude. We'll I pushed myself to be open-minded and go into the baths. My visit was very short, lol. It didn't matter that everyone else had no clothes on, that didn't make me feel any better. I could never go to a nude beach.

In some countries, it is very natural for families to go naked into saunas together and nobody thinks twice about it. How about you, are you shy and reserved when it comes to being without your clothes in front of others, or is it not an issue at all with you?

There is a nude beach,I didnt know about, near the Kennedy Space Center,I went there to watch a shuttle launch.
After the launch I walked that beach with shorts and t-shirt on,I felt so naked there.Nobody was looking at me or even noticed me but I sure was looking at them.
I could have stripped and be like them but.....

khoe-cua-quy.jpg

I am modest and I am very uncomfortable when around people who are exhibitionists, however, if there is a need for nakedness I am comfortable with it. I have been on a beach where people of every age were comfortable being nude, some swimming, other just enjoying the sun. Although I was clothed in my swimmers it did not worry me and I wished that I could be as unselfconscious. A friend and I tried going topless but I only lasted five minutes before covering up again. Just as well perhaps because of the skin cancers I have to deal with now. At least they are confined to the face, arms and legs.

I have often wished that I could get some sun on all of my body in my back yard but we are overlooked by one of our neighbours and they should be spared such a sight IMO.

The only person to see me completely naked is my husband. I am of the opinion the human body is best covered up.

I wish the only person who has seen me completely naked is my husband but since I've reached the age of skin cancers, my GP is now familiar with every inch of my skin, even the skin between my toes. :eek1:

I supress any embarrassment on these occasions to avoid embarrassing my doctor.

re: people of every age were comfortable being nude.

They may be comfortable but some are better looking covered up.
I saw these 2 very large naked females sunning together and that picture has NEVER left my mind.

re: people of every age were comfortable being nude.

They may be comfortable but some are better looking covered up.
I saw these 2 very large naked females sunning together and that picture has NEVER left my mind.

Davey, while I'm not comfortable being naked, even in my own home outside of the bedroom, I think that is public nudity is at all acceptable, it should be acceptable for all ages and all body types. When only nubile and buxom young women are allowed to disrobe in public it becomes exhibitionism IMO but when 87 year old grandmothers and pubescent children are naked on the same beach it is naturism and perfectly OK as far as I am concerned.

As a teacher and youth leader I was quite hostile to situations where I had the kids at public beaches where young women were sunning, nay displaying, themselves. If I had allowed my 13 year old girls the same freedom to remove their bikini tops I would have made the headlines and been sacked. The reason for this is that nudity in public places is a sexual display, i.e. exhibitionism, and it has nothing to do with health, especially under the Australian sun which is to be avoided as much as possible.

Warrigal,
Im all for private nudust camps,there is nothing wrong with it.
Most of those place have families members there as wll.
At South Beach in Miami,topless is allowed and like you say its just for "sexual display, i.e. exhibitionism"

I returned from a nudist resort recently and people of all ages were naked. From nine years to elderly men. Everyone seemed to enjoy
themselves in the pool on a very hot day. The resort discourages any sexual touching and speech in public. People who do that are not welcome back. Curiously, nudism gives the illusion of intimacy except without physical contact. (Close dancing is the opposite.
There's the illusion of intimacy with much touching and sexual movements, but no nudity.)
What I found curious(if I may discreetly bring it up) is that everyone there I noticed were shaven down under.Is this the trend nowadays? I understand it for girls who wear bikinis. To me, it looks child-like. This is strictly personal and it does not matter to others, but does anyone care to comment?

Sorry, I wasn't raised that way. I have not/would not go naked in any public setting, being a senior makes no difference. I realize it's the norm in many European resorts and we have our share of clothing optional beaches in the US but that isn't for me. I would classify Nudist Colonies a bit different since they are usually,membership only, as I understand it.

Back