Seniors, Do You Still Have Clocks With Hands In Your Home, or Are They All Digital?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
We have two small clocks in the house that still have hands, and one larger clock that looks similar to a grandfather's clock. These come in handy when there's a power-outage, and all the digitals go haywire.

Do you still have the old fashioned clocks in your home?

We have two small clocks in the house that still have hands, and one larger clock that looks similar to a grandfather's clock. These come in handy when there's a power-outage, and all the digitals go haywire.

Do you still have the old fashioned clocks in your home?

I like my big, kitchen type clock I have in my room above my desk. I also have a cool digital that shines the time up on the ceiling above my bed. I love that for some reason, lol;) And it shines purple:giggle:

All the clocks at home are digital only by chance and not design. I do have an old military 24hr clock that died but I keep it any way . . . It's only correct once each day.

At work, there were a lot of clocks with hands on the walls that I could glance at and know how how time was flying . . . or not. But, as each one died they have not been replaced. It's that stupid idea that everyone has a phone or is on the computer and can check the time. When I'm working, I would rather glance up at the large clock on the wall and see the time. @#%^&*!!!

I've got a 'Westminster chime' 8 day wall clock. It keeps time to within a few seconds a week - as long as I remember to wind it.
I'd love to have a long case (grandfather) clock, but I'm not sure what room I'd put it in.
I've got a digital clock / radio in my bedroom - but it's functional rather than nice to look at.

We have a lot of clocks of different sorts in our home. It takes ages to change the times on them, twice a year, when they go forward or back!

I have this little Lorus travel clock, best clock i have ever owned, incredible battery life.

p409483518.jpg

The microwave, TV, computer, car, alarm clock, stove, and stereo all have digital. The clocks we've bought to put on walls, ones that sit on tabletops and wristwatches worn by my husband & myself all have 3 hands (hour, minute & second).

I have a large wall clock with chimes but it is battery operated. I got it for 25 years with the company I ended up staying with for 41 years.

My small one that looks like a grandfather clock chimes also, and it's a company clock, forgot which anniversary it was for, was with them for over 30 years. I stopped putting a battery in the chime section though, didn't like hearing it at night.

My folks had a cuckoo clock that scared the heck outta me when I was little.

that at reminds me when my son was stationed in Germany, back in the 70s, he send us a beautiful hand made cockoo clock from the Black Forest. One night we heard this crash and got up to investigate. Our beautiful clock had pulled away from the wall and lay in a hundred pieces. Needless to say, we were very upset.

My favorite clock now, pictured, plays a different tune on the hour. There are four different tunes. During the holidays we can switch to three different Christmas songs. Bought it online several years ago and still works fine. Digital clocks on microwave, stove, DVR box. A regular clock in kitchen and in bedroom we have a clock that projects the time on the ceiling which is very handy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10

Back