Seniors, What Types of Outdoor Activities Do You Enjoy?

I love water stuff....kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing. I really enjoy challenging hikes...no easy trails for me, I want to clamber over rocks, climb hills, pick my way through root strewn paths. I love zip lining and aerial trekking. Unfortunately the local place where I go every year it still closed, or I would already have been at least once so far this year.

I used to stroll along trails with my camera, we didn't have any forest or wooded areas but did have canyons, wildflowers, and cactus, picturesque canyon walls. At night you coud see the lights of the next small town fifteen miles away. We had a large raw
gas flare coming from a high pipe at one end of town that lit up the entire community. And sand hills, huge mounds of sand that
shifted with the winds very little year round. Of course these were intermingled with pump jacks, seperater units and storage
tanks. It was part of the oil patch that fueled America and kept her going. Situated along New Mexico's southern eastern
border. Trails, walking, hiking, picture taking, in an area almost isolated from the rest of society.

I've never "exercised" in my life - if my movement isn't accomplishing something, achieving some end, I don't do it. Fortunately, having a yard and living in the "snow belt" gives me ample opportunity to build up muscles and endurance... unfortunately, my body now suffers for it.

Yet, the yard work needs to be done and I love digging in the dirt! Spring is my favorite season, as I wander around, brushing leaves and snow off the ground in search of tiny sprouts. Planting and replanting brings me great joy!

(Reaching for the BenGay rub now)

Fishin
tenor.gif

Back