Share your day..April 2013

Ozarkgal

Our share your day thread hasn't been getting much activity lately, but I thought I'd try to revive it by starting
one for April. I always enjoy hearing about others activities.

I am going to devote my day to outdoor work..this is the third day of gorgeous weather and I'm taking full advantage of it.....can you say SPRING FEVER!!!:cool:

Good morning,
I've been taking advantage of the good weather to catch up on some projects around the house too. I've been pouring concrete around the end of the bridge, hanging wind chimes, planting things in the garden and picking up more gumballs.
(when are you bringing your basket over?)
Watch out Tuesday night, they say we are getting some strong storms with hail and wind and possibly tornadoes.

picking up more gumballs.
(when are you bringing your basket over?)

LOL....I just spent yesterday morning burning a big pile of gumballs.....I'll put some in my basket and trade you for some asparagus, mine still hasn't peeked through yet. I'm afraid it froze.

Watch out Tuesday night, they say we are getting some strong storms with hail and wind and possibly tornadoes.

I knew the good weather was not going to last long..just another teaser!:rain:

The weather never changes when you sit in front of a keyboard for 16 hours a day.
s12665_zps125ab9fe.gif

It IS nice to hear the birds again, though.

The weather never changes when you sit in front of a keyboard for 16 hours a day.
s12665_zps125ab9fe.gif

It IS nice to hear the birds again, though.

I don't know how you do it Phil, I get antsy when I'm on the computer for two hours. Nice the birds are making you and the kitty happy. :love_heart:

Why am I suddenly hearing "Banana Boat Song" in my head?

"Six foot, seven foot, eight foot, BUNCH!" :D

I thought of Proud Mary (rollin' on a river) song.

Today I just went for our usual walk in the park with the dog, and did some necessary shopping. It's really blustery outside right now, super windy, bit of rain, and snow to come soon. They predict 6-10 inches. Glad I'm retired and don't have to drive in that stuff in the early morning darkness anymore. :D

Hello again - don't know where time has gone but I haven't been on in so long, I had to think hard about my password and wasn't quite sure about my screen name either. Time flies even when you're not having fun.

Ah well -- all that no fun is best left in the trunk. Suffice it to say, we are still upright, walking, ready to mow & bushhog, and all the critters still have paws and hooves firmly planted on the ground.

Haven't had time to do any back-reading so I hope everyone is well and still sassy as ever.

I finally conceded to let Mr. TWH spray 2-4-D on the yard this past Sunday as April 1st was on Sunday last year and that's what he was doing, on the high ridge, when he had the big fat heart attack. Since he now seems prone to panic attacks that do a good job of mimicing heart attacks, I kept the 4-wheeler keys away from him for that weekend. I still have hair but it's a toss-up who has put more gray in it --- MR. TWH or the horses <sigh>

Hop Clover, wild onions and those little purple wild flowers are taking the yard over. That stuff makes crab grass look good. I kept asking him if he was sure he put 2-4-D in the tank (as opposed to the All-Kill) because that stuff sure stunk. He gave me that silent Bobbing-Dog Head that always makes me nervous----------

That's it for me. Gotta go muck stalls, then fire up the little lawn tractor and mow the back yard.

TWHRider, I'm soooo happy to hear from you! :woohoo:We've been missing you here! :love_heart: Glad you, the Mr. and your horses are doing alright. :D

Well, for the last two days I made some headway in weeding and planting flower and asparagus seeds. My momentum has been halted by a frog strangler downpour this morning.
mini-frog13.gif
I hope it doesn't wash my seeds away:(

I've been clearing the side of a little hill alongside the house to replace with a rock garden and wildflowers. Was worried that removing all the tall grass would be asking for major erosion when the notorious California winter rains came blasting in off the ocean this winter . . . Let's just say, sometimes, drought has its advantages...

Super sunny and clear this morning. Hello Kitty is out and about with the neighbor's horses. Funny how they like each other. Guess they know she's no threat like her big ol' cousins and she probably feels safe amongst their huge presence . . . kinda like being friends with the biggest guy on the block...

Hello Ladies and thankyou for the warm welcome:D

Ozarkgal, thanks for the Frog Strangler warning - I need to hang out with you - you come up with some doozie descriptives:cheers: I quit drinking years ago, but everyone has to fall off that wagon once in awhile; I'll just double up my BP meds - lol lol

The local weather folks are already telling us we're going to be in the Extreme Weather Alert Zone on Thursday. My area is set for 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There go the shingles on the SW side again.

I wanted to trade my phone in on somebody's Smartphone so I could watch the local weather person from the closet, but that Sweetie-Pie Verizon (not) won't let me trade my phone until September 21st. That is, of course, unless I want to pay full price for a phone. We're starting tornado season and you'd think they'd cut me 5 months worth of slack but nupe. I'll just continue to hunker down in the same fashion I have been before Smartphones came along - lol lol lol

Uhoh...hope this isn't going to be one of those bad days...Tornado Watch until 9:00 PM..no smartphone here either,(no point, can't even get reception on my regular cell)...not even a closet in the center of the house...I need to get me one of them danged hidey holes.

I cannot be a true hillbilly without one...the hunting cabin up the road has an old van dug into the ground for a storm shelter...they do amazing things with old rusted out cars here. You wouldn't catch me getting into that contraption. I'll take my chances with a tornado, rather than a nest of snakes, thank you!

We don't have a 'hidey hole' here. Our previous house had a basement with a walled off area we used as a storm shelter/root cellar. As a storm cellar we only used it once and didn't stay but a few minutes.

We didn't get much of a storm but did get some welcome rain. I found time to catch a few fish before the rain came. Fried fish for supper tomorrow, Mmmm.

Seabreeze:

Great minds think alike....
:playful:

There was a Navy boat tasked with cruising the delta blasting useless propaganda at Charlie and taking constant fire from shore. One day, the captain decided to play "Proud Mary" and not a shot was fired. Now, that's a good day . . . all 'n' all...

After working in the yard, decided to take an undeserved but much welcome break and fell asleep watching Dances with Wolves on Univision Spanish language television . . .

Back