Shaving or Hair Removal

Ruthanne

SF VIP
My hair is not as thick as it used to be and never was very thick on my underarms and legs. I shave them both but sometimes wish I lived in a country where they don't believe in shaving...Just don't like to do it...yet, I get it done.

At times in my life I have used Nair to remove hair and think I may go back to that..for my legs, that is. I can't see nearly as well as I used to even with glasses and find I miss areas when I shave but did not miss anything with Nair.

How do you remove hair? Do you do it often?

I rarely have to remove hair from any part of my body..I've always had really fair hair , and little of it..so when I do have to shave, I use an electric ladyshave I've had for years...

I always get my eyebrows waxed.. about twice a year.. :giggle:
Lucky you! Wish my hair was lighter!😁

I use a Braun epilator for legs and underarms. Stings a bit but you get used to it. Since it yanks hair out by the roots and I have light body hair, I only have to use it every week or two. Regrowth isn't prickly like shaving.

I can't see nearly as well as I used to even with glasses and find I miss areas when I shave but did not miss anything with Nair.

My epilator has a bright light. It comes with a kit that includes a shaver attachment so the bright light may help if you choose to use the shaver.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TI5ZMZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
I use a Braun epilator for legs and underarms. Stings a bit but you get used to it. Since it yanks hair out by the roots and I have light body hair, I only have to use it every week or two. Regrowth isn't prickly like shaving.

My epilator has a bright light. It comes with a kit that includes a shaver attachment so the bright light may help if you choose to use the shaver.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TI5ZMZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Glad you have something that works well! I'll check out the link. Thankyou.

I rarely have to remove hair from any part of my body..I've always had really fair hair , and little of it..so when I do have to shave, I use an electric ladyshave I've had for years...

I always get my eyebrows waxed.. about twice a year.. :giggle:
You really are lucky to be a natural blonde. I’d love to not have to shave or pluck hairs but I have to.
My eyebrows have been professionally done but my legs haven’t. I don’t have much underarm hair which I’m happy about.

You really are lucky to be a natural blonde. I’d love to not have to shave or pluck hairs but I have to.
My eyebrows have been professionally done but my legs haven’t. I don’t have much underarm hair which I’m happy about.
Not all natural blondes have fair hair on their bodies. :) I am a natural blonde--had very light hair on my head for 35 years and then it started getting darker. But the rest of my hair on my body was not fair. Wish it was!

I just use a plain old remmington electric shaver that I have plugged into the bathroom outlet. I don't have to shave as much as I used to, maybe every couple of weeks. Just underarms and lower legs. Never have had hair on my upper legs above my knees.

I don't get anything waxed, it would be a waste of time. I would actually like to have a little more hair on my eyebrows. :) It would give my features a little more definition.

14E56967-A450-46C7-A266-CFBD2537387E.jpegI use this intuition razor made especially for women. It has 4 blades and a solid form of ultra lubricating shaving cream which results in a nice smooth shave.

Unlike Ruthanne I’m not at a stage of wanting to go au natural. No way.🥺

I don’t usually wax because it sometimes causes ingrown hairs that can become abscessed and they really hurt. 😖

View attachment 72671I use this intuition razor made especially for women. It has 4 blades and a solid form of ultra lubricating shaving cream which results in a nice smooth shave.

Unlike Ruthanne I’m not at a stage of wanting to go au natural. No way.🥺

I don’t usually wax because it sometimes causes ingrown hairs that can become abscessed and they really hurt. 😖
Looks like a nice shaver!😊

When I was younger I shaved my legs and armpits once a week, always used a single edged razor. Bikini line was done once every couple of months or when needed. My hair was never that thick, heavy or dark on my body, and now that I'm older it's even more sparse, very much like my mother was. So now I just run the razor over the spots where needed around once a month, but I have to put on my reading glasses to see anything really.

I tried Nair once many years ago, the smell was so strong I didn't like it, figured it was unhealthy to use and too strong chemicals.

A couple of years ago I bought a Flawless to use for the couple of stray hairs that appear under my eyebrows, works well, don't really use it that often though. 20 bucks 'as seen on TV', bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

81GcyEQlrFL._SY679_.jpg

When I was younger I shaved my legs and armpits once a week, always used a single edged razor. Bikini line was done once every couple of months or when needed. My hair was never that thick, heavy or dark on my body, and now that I'm older it's even more sparse, very much like my mother was. So now I just run the razor over the spots where needed around once a month, but I have to put on my reading glasses to see anything really.

I tried Nair once many years ago, the smell was so strong I didn't like it, figured it was unhealthy to use and too strong chemicals.

A couple of years ago I bought a Flawless to use for the couple of stray hairs that appear under my eyebrows, works well, don't really use it that often though. 20 bucks 'as seen on TV', bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

81GcyEQlrFL._SY679_.jpg
I had one of those too. Can't find it now. Do you know what kind of batteries it uses? I can't recall.😃

I found some really cool buffer thingies that cost almost nothing on Amazon. I watch tv and smooth my upper lip. (I hate waxing it!) I've been told I have quite a mustache, and I don't want it to get any worse. I've even used them to smooth out some teeny cactus pricklies that I picked up accidentally. I suppose anything you bought at a different store would work. They have larger buffers at Walmart.

Since the removal of cyst & ovary & finding out my other ovary is calcified back in 2014, I don't have to shave anything anymore! And originally I'm a brunette! Now, my chin? That's a different story. I should carry tweezers around in my pocket

81GcyEQlrFL._SY679_.jpg
Why is the tip gold plated??!!

Back