shingle vaccine ''uuggh'

toffee

was big and brave so had it done' Friday gone ' didn't hurt much '' but after my arm is like a dead weight aches '
seeing I have had this shingles 2 times thought it ws a good idea ' she did say its known u can get it after the jab 'oh Christ now she tells me --- and I am a little itchy on my shoulder blade ' so iam praying its not that yet again 'but nurse did say its not a common
thing for it to happen ,knowing me it will :oops:

Ugh. Enough with the vaccines for me.
Judycat

I remember those shingles shots as hurting a bit more than most.
I think the worst, for pain, is the one for tetanus. I am overdue for this one, … ugh.
The absolute worst for the aftereffects is those Lupron shots I have to get every six months for prostrate cancer. I have two more to go.

Which vaccine did you get? Zostavax has the live virus. Don’t take that one. It is only 50% effective.

The Shingrix vaccine has no virus so you can’t get it from the vaccine. It‘s 95% effective. Get the second one within 6 months..

I am on the waiting list for the shingles shot. Looks like next summer some time. I got my first pneumonia shot a few weeks ago and did notice a lot of stiffness in my arm for a few days. But the pharmacist told me it would happen.

Brings back memories when I entered the Army. We lined up and went through with doctors giving shots in both arms. Some guys were vomiting and a couple passed out. Arms hurt like hell for a couple days after. We were asked, before the shots, if anyone was allergic to eggs. Had to do something with the shots they received.

Back