Shocking poll shows 30 % of people wash their bedding once a year

Here is an enlarged photo of a dust mite - there are hundreds in your bedding:

A scanning electron micrograph of a female dust mite
House dust mites, due to their very small size and translucent bodies, are barely visible to the unaided eye.[5] A typical house dust mite measures 0.2–
Here is a photo of their droppings:

House dust mites (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus). Dust mite faecal pellets that can be small as µm 10 (0.01 mm).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_dust_mite

So, after a year, there would be lots of dust mites & lots of their droppings in your bedding. 😁

dirty-man-jpg.189054
Yuk..no thank

Shocking poll shows 30 % of people wash their bedding once a year
Well thaaat's creepy, I hope the remaining 70% are more enthusiastic about cleanliness. Sometime I think I'm too particular, seems like we do one or two loads laundry every other day. Bedding gets done less frequently, every couple weeks. Coats? They don't get worn often here, but they do get laundered at least once, at the beginning of the cooler weather, after collecting dust on the hanger for a year.

I usually wash my bed sheets every two weeks. I take a shower every night before bedtime so I'm clean when I slide between the sheets. I change out towels once or twice a week. My dryer has a steam/sanitize cycle so I run the throws and blankets through that fairly often.

Back