Show us how you spend your evenings.

old-people-dancing.gif

I take a sunset walk with my dogs on the beach. There are very few people on the beach at that time, so I'm able to let go of the leashes. Then we come back and have dinner if we didn't do that before sunset (sun sometimes sets early, sometimes late). Then we do a little stargazing from the deck as there's no light pollution from the shore to the horizon. Or I find a free movie on youtube, or check messages, etc.

My typical evening...

My partner arrives home at either 5:15 or 6:15pm, depending on his schedule at his company. I have dinner ready to go. We watch TV while we eat and later on the couch. Sometimes I save clips from various talk shows. I'm like his "TV concierge". Recently, it was an interview with Amy Sedaris and the Kids in the Hall. Both are hilarious and we have been watching them for many years. We then usually watch some type of drama. Since most are off SHO and HBO right now, we watch a crime drama. If he's on the early shift he sleeps through part of it, says "I may or may not have fallen asleep" and asks me what happened. This is followed by something on HGTV (usually House Hunters). By 8:30pm he's on his laptop and I'm on SF!

My typical evening...

My partner arrives home at either 5:15 or 6:15pm, depending on his schedule at his company. I have dinner ready to go. We watch TV while we eat and later on the couch. Sometimes I save clips from various talk shows. I'm like his "TV concierge". Recently, it was an interview with Amy Sedaris and the Kids in the Hall. Both are hilarious and we have been watching them for many years. We then usually watch some type of drama. Since most are off SHO and HBO right now, we watch a crime drama. If he's on the early shift he sleeps through part of it, says "I may or may not have fallen asleep" and asks me what happened. This is followed by something on HGTV (usually House Hunters). By 8:30pm he's on his laptop and I'm on SF!

sounds a lot like our evenings.

Do you guys watch the BBC crime shows? We like a lot of those...

Having a lot of sleeping issues as of late. Up at night, and don't get to bed until dawn. What is this? Normal behavior for me is early to bed, early to rise. Now I am asleep for a good part of the day. It makes me crazy. I do not like it at all. I have talked to my doctor, and have had sleeping pills to try and get back to normal but it has not worked. I finally just started to accept it. It does make it hard to do the normal things that require appointments. Not only for me but also my pets. Has anyone else suffered from this?

I usually watch either YouTube or something available through Prime. Right now it is The Waltons. I watch for a couple of hours and sometimes I am coloring while watching. Hard for me to just sit somewhere and not be doing something. Rabbit comes to me for berries or nose rubs at that time. He loves the evenings. I am trying to wean myself back into sleeping the whole night in my bed, but so far I end up back in the recliner after an hour or two. So my routine is all messed up for now.

Having a lot of sleeping issues as of late. Up at night, and don't get to bed until dawn. What is this? Normal behavior for me is early to bed, early to rise. Now I am asleep for a good part of the day. It makes me crazy. I do not like it at all. I have talked to my doctor, and have had sleeping pills to try and get back to normal but it has not worked. I finally just started to accept it. It does make it hard to do the normal things that require appointments. Not only for me but also my pets. Has anyone else suffered from this?
Yes, for about six weeks now. I go to bed around 10 pm, sleep 4 hours, wake up and can't go back to sleep. I end up taking long naps during the day, and it is messing with my schedule. I can't find a conscious cause for this. Doc won't give me sleeping pills. I take melatonin.

My entire day, my stamina, and my energy levels are effected by this.

Back