Show Us Your Fur or Feathered Kids!

My boy as a kitten, experiencing his first Tulip in our back yard.

full

Not much fur on our one furbaby. He has black skin disease, a genetic illness that causes him to lose most of his fur. Evidently he'll only have fur on his head and feet. It isn't at all painful to him but he wears t-shirts or sweaters most of the time. His t-shirt was being washed after we gave him a bath so he's in one of his rare times of being naked.

IMG_0170.JPG

Not much fur on our one furbaby. He has black skin disease, a genetic illness that causes him to lose most of his fur. Evidently he'll only have fur on his head and feet. It isn't at all painful to him but he wears t-shirts or sweaters most of the time. His t-shirt was being washed after we gave him a bath so he's in one of his rare times of being naked.

View attachment 129724
Oh my goodness, he's adorable :love:

View attachment 129724

Poor little guy! Does it cause him distress or does he itch?

Throughout our married life together we have had a number of cocker spaniels. After the last one died we agreed that we didn't have the time to give a dog the sufficient exercise that a dog requires. It was painful but it wouldn't have been fair on any new puppy.

Then China-Doll came into our life. We jokingly called her our divorced cat. The next door neighbours marriage broke up, they argued over everything, including ownership of their pedigree cat, China Doll.
China Doll.jpg
China came to live with us, it was our neighbour's compromise. This beautiful cat moved in and took over. My wife loved her so much that the following year, China had company, Lulu.
Camera 1 233.JPG
This is Lulu, and before too long Khandi joined the growing family.
Camera 1 236.JPG
This is Khandi. Three cats, enough is enough. Nope! What do you do when it's your Ruby wedding anniversary?
ruby.jpg
You buy another cat of the same breed and call her, what else but, Ruby.
Well Ruby-Mae actually because our anniversary is in May.
Ruby3.jpg
Ruby follows me everywhere, I think I'm an adopted surrogate parent.
A couple of years ago China died. It was very peaceful, she lay in my wife's arms and breathed her last breath.
Painful though it was for us, at least China was spared that loaded syringe.

So enjoying looking at all the pet pictures. I'll share mine. This is Desi (Desiree) at one year of age. It will soon be time to take a picture for her second birthday.

0D7095A4-BDA0-4085-9E14-5F847D95B48B_1_201_a.jpeg

She is a rescue who has an interesting history. A rescue group I had adopted from before was contacted by the local police who wanted them to take some dogs that had been found in a house. They were told the person who lived at the house had passed away and been found a couple of days later. There were four young puppies, their mother, and three other adult dogs. The rescue people spent several hours finding and rounding up all the dogs - some were under the house, some hiding in the house and others just wandering around. I was lucky enough to get one of the puppies when they were old enough to be adopted. I have never had a Pomeranian before. We thought she was a Pom-Poodle mix but I don't see the poodle part. No matter, Desi is personality plus and so much fun.

So enjoying looking at all the pet pictures. I'll share mine. This is Desi (Desiree) at one year of age. It will soon be time to take a picture for her second birthday.

View attachment 144966

She is a rescue who has an interesting history. A rescue group I had adopted from before was contacted by the local police who wanted them to take some dogs that had been found in a house. They were told the person who lived at the house had passed away and been found a couple of days later. There were four young puppies, their mother, and three other adult dogs. The rescue people spent several hours finding and rounding up all the dogs - some were under the house, some hiding in the house and others just wandering around. I was lucky enough to get one of the puppies when they were old enough to be adopted. I have never had a Pomeranian before. We thought she was a Pom-Poodle mix but I don't see the poodle part. No matter, Desi is personality plus and so much fun.
What a precious girl she is. Such a sad story about the previous owner. I hope none of the dogs were neglected. She looks like she's full of personality 😍

Back