Singer Natalie Cole dead at 65

applecruncher

SF VIP
I just saw this on the internet. :(

No cause of death given yet.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Singer Natalie Cole, the daughter of jazz legend Nat “King” Cole who carried on his musical legacy, has died.

Publicist Maureen O'Connor says Cole died Thursday night. She was 65. O'Connor had no details about how or where Cole died.

Cole had battled drug problems and hepatitis that forced her to undergo a kidney transplant in May 2009.

(more)

https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/natalie-cole-grammy-winning-singer-died-170427529.html

That is sad, I remember when she did the "Unforgettable" video and some people found it creepy. I thought it was a beautiful idea. She and her father were both so very talented.

They are reporting that it was Congestive Heart Failure....

She suffered from a number of health problems over the past decade, including liver disease and Hepatitis C, for which she received chemotherapy in April 2008.

Cole wrote about learning she had Hepatitis C in her 2000 memoir Angel on My Shoulder, the result, she said, of a drug addiction in the 80s and sharing dirty needles.
It is being reported that complications from that disease also played a role in her death.
She also had a kidney transplant in 2009, and awoke from surgery to learn that her older sister Carol, who everyone called Cookie, had lost her battle with lung cancer.

Nat King Cole was one of the most beloved singing stars of my real early years. "Lazy, hazy days of summer" rings in my memories, I can recite every word! His voice was exceedingly smooth and mellow. His popularity as a black performer probably influenced public sentiment in favor of many who followed him, Johnny Mathis, Harry Belafonte, and so on. imp

I saw her Daddy, Nate, live many years ago at a place called "Tops" in San Diego. He was a real talent, his daughter rode on his reputation but I am sorry to see her go. Rip.

Such sad news today, I just posted one of her songs in the Christmas song thread. Rest peacefully dear Natalie, you and your music will always be loved by many, just like your Dad.

I was very sorry to hear this. My mother really liked Nat King Cole so I heard him growing up. The "duet" of Unforgettable Natalie Cole did with her dad was magical. Two beautiful voices.

Back