So what are you going to do?

Among other things you mentioned this.

"I have my residence which is over 10 acres and is capable of being split and divided."

Seperating an acre for your self to build a home that suits what you want eventually could be an option. Only you can understand what selling everything including the cars would do to your taxes & feelings for what you think about those cars.

Then you mentioned travel in one of your antiques.

Once you get a handle on tax implication & what you feel about the cars maybe this thought would work for you.

Buy something like this to travel while getting a residence built on that acre. Once you have traveled everywhere you ever considered seeing, sell it. That could accomplish seeing America & beat paying a lot to rent something you clearly didn't think has the value.

We had a motor home & enjoyed the comforts of home yet the freedom of moving around to see America.

I'm not promoting that particular motor home it's an example.

Thanks Knight!

I was traveling back this AM and drove past a RV center at an intersection, and was just thinking I wonder what it would be like? Its a great idea. I have no experience with an RV or traveling with anyone that had one, so I'm a bit uncertain what it would be like.

Any reason why you stopped traveling in your RV? it certainly is an interesting thought, thanks for sharing the idea.

Thanks Knight!

I was traveling back this AM and drove past a RV center at an intersection, and was just thinking I wonder what it would be like? Its a great idea. I have no experience with an RV or traveling with anyone that had one, so I'm a bit uncertain what it would be like.

Any reason why you stopped traveling in your RV? it certainly is an interesting thought, thanks for sharing the idea.
Age & spinal surgery that left me with my left arm & hand totally crippled. We traveled all over the U.S. and recouped about 75% of what we spent on the motor home. But if you pit that against apartment rent at a permanent location we won big time. Little things like tubing on the water outside Cades Cove in Tn. or a snowball fight at the top of bear claw mountain exiting Yellowstone. Pictures of us under Delicate rock & biking slick rock are only a few memories. Imagine while at Yellowstone you get to walk around Old Faithful to a mound on the backside & you get a view that so many don't get. Or seeing the majestic face of El Capitan in Yosemite. You might even come across a small town in middle America that is having a town picnic. We did and enjoyed some of the best food people in the middle of Nebraska make.

As for travel there are a lot of people more than willing to help you with what you need to know. If travel adventure has not been part of your life then it's not to late to see all America has to offer.

Back