Solfeggio Healing Tones

Happyflowerlady

Vagabond Flowerchild
We have always known that music can affect our mood. Some music puts us to sleep, some actually rattles our nerves and puts us on edge, and some just helps when we are feeling sad.
What we haven’t really known much about is why music does that, and apparently it is because of the vibrations that each tone has.
Remember those scenes of some mystic meditating and going “ooohhmmm, oohhmmm” over and over ?
The repetition of the mantra probably helped him get into the meditative trance; but they also used certain tones to affect different biorhythms.
From early in the Christian church, monks have chanted what were called “Gregorian chants”, and these monks were also aware of the solfeggio frequencies. Then, over time, they were pretty much lost, until sometime in the 1970’s, when they were re-discovered.

There are six notes to the original solfeggio scale, and that is where we get the names for the notes (do-re-mi-fa-so-la) and each note has its own healing properties.
I have an iPad app that has the solfeggio tones on them (actually it is a set, each tone has its own app), and I just listen to whichever one seems appropriate for me at that time.
The apps are kind of a guided meditation, with the appropriate tones in the background, and it is similar to a self-hypnosis tape.
If you listen to the TV to fall asleep at night, listening to one of these healing apps might be something that you would also like. The set of six apps is $20; but you can buy them one at a time to see how you like them, and then add the rest of the set later.
Here is the link to the set in the App Store.

Solfeggio Sonic Meditation Bundle by Diviniti Publishing Ltd
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/solfeggio-sonic-meditation-bundle/id917643072?mt=8

This website explains more about how these Healing tones work, and how they were lost and then found again.
https://attunedvibrations.com/solfeggio/

Back