Someone help dress me!

C50

I figure this is an appropriate place for a single guy with zero fashion sense to ask for help. I never dress up anymore but have a very formal wedding to attend next week, since I will be sitting at the bride's family table I thought I best wear a suit. I've lost 25 pounds in the last few years so most of my dress shirts are way too large.
So help me out. My dark navy pin stripe suits still fits, can I wear the pictured shirt with it? How about the tie? (I'm thinking the tie clashes, but what do I know)
Do I need to buy a new shirt and tie? What colors?

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 0805220931~2.jpg
    0805220931~2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 0805220931a.jpg
    0805220931a.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
Well I guess I will just get a new shirt and tie(sigh). Any other color options beside white? I'm not a fan of solid white, with my grey hair and pasty skin white shirts make me look washed out.

Thanks for all the help.

Only the collar and shirt front under your tie will show .. you could get a coloured tie. You don't want to distract from everyone else, with a coloured or patterned shirt - especially in photos.

c167f9c11926f37f8d8081a8d939f7c5.jpg

Well I guess I will just get a new shirt and tie(sigh). Any other color options beside white? I'm not a fan of solid white, with my grey hair and pasty skin white shirts make me look washed out.

Thanks for all the help.
Either light blue or salmon colored. And, personally, I don't think you need a tie at all.

If it is a very formal wedding, and you haven't a tux, photo #18 or the suit with a conservative bow tie would be just the ticket. When my daughter in law's cousin got married, it was not only very formal, but the men were asked to wear a tuxedo.

Back