Something to heat up in microwave to remove odors from one?

WhatInThe

Is there something that can heated up in a microwave to remove old odors that don't seem to go away in that microwave?

A friend gave me one that had a burn odor in it.

I boiled vinegar in it in a shallow dish. It took a couple of treatments.

Another trick is to leave a dish of ammonia in it overnight.
Ammonia? Seriously? I would think that the microwave would then reek like it had been visited by a frisky tomcat.

I use ammonia in both the microwave and the oven on a regular basis. Just put a bowl in, close the door, and it loosens any baked-on items, making them ready to just wipe off. Deoderizes the ovens, too. As for a harsh smell, I can't say there's a problem. The doors are closed and by the time I open them later, the odor of the ammonia is gone.
I use ammonia for almost all my cleaning.

I use ammonia in both the microwave and the oven on a regular basis. Just put a bowl in, close the door, and it loosens any baked-on items, making them ready to just wipe off. Deoderizes the ovens, too. As for a harsh smell, I can't say there's a problem. The doors are closed and by the time I open them later, the odor of the ammonia is gone.
I use ammonia for almost all my cleaning.
Thanks. I am having a problem finding on the shelves in the stores now. You can't beat it for cleaning floors.

It took a few uses and a few more cleanings but the burnt smell eventually left. It was almost like it burned into the interior surface and a little would come out everytime exposed to heat, steam or cleaners. I boiled tea with extra lemon juice hoping the acids in tea and fruit might have an effect. And of course aired out the microwave pointed a plain old fan into the unit with an open door.

Ammonia is smelling salts. Used to revive people who have fainted.

You don't have to use it full strength. You can dilute it according to the instructions.

I can't find it on the shelves anymore.

Back