Sometimes I Feel So Outdated

I don't "feel" out-dated, I am ! I'm the same as the 1933 Ford when parked next to, let's say, a 2003 Ford. Both have engines , transmissions, axles, and wheels. Now let's dig in a little deeper - -automatic and power assists - -and finally electronics.

They should both get me from Boston to New York (after a fashion) but guess which model most folks would choose. Even those of us born in the early 30's.

Luckily, my wife and I are surrounded on a daily and/or weekly basis by a flock of kids and grandkids ranging from 65 down to 21. As we approach 90, we are sooo greatful for the help offered in regards to many facets of modern life, both mental and physical.

IMHO, to say that I am "over the hill" is putting it mildly. Now hand me my new cellphone, the user manual, and 3 kids to explain it to me.:D

The thing is everyone from past generations will be out of touch or not in with the fads and latest stuff of the current generation

But some people (and I know two) are even square and not into their own generation's culture. They may have heard of
the music, movies, and everything else, but they have no experiences. Only names to them. And this does not bother them at all.
People do not expect us to be into the latest celebrities and tech gimmicks. Our generation is history to them just as we thought
that our parents were living history. I didn't care one bit about the 30's or 20's, except for popular tv shows. The Sixties is like the
20s or earlier to us growing up. 1970 was 52 years ago. 52 years before 1970 was 1918, World War I.
At least we are using computers (and I use Word every day). I know of a lady who does not know what or who google is.

To a small degree, when my kids were still in school and their Social Studies books mentioned events that were in my lifetime, and called it "history."

Otherwise, the only times I feel outdated are when I'm surfing around t.v. channels and see/hear some of today's musicians/music and react "what the heck is this crap?!?" :oops:

Back