Sometimes we just need a hug, a shoulder to lean on.

Blessed

Not feeling so good tonight. Temps are colder, I have had dinner and watching TV but I just can't shake that feeling. You know the ones, where your are snuggled up to the hubs, your S/O, the kids, all together under a throw. The coffee table is filled with a big bowl of popcorn, chips and dips, a tray with fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies and sweets.

Those nights, for me, are gone. Even when I felt bad they were looked forward to. Now, older and alone, the like of comfort of those old days brings me to my knees, makes me feel so much worse. Does anyone else alone suffer from what I call "days gone by syndrome"?

There are widows and widowers on this forum. I know exactly what you are feeling. So do many others.
To those who are still with their loved one, OH! How I wish I make you realize how precious every moment with
him is! Someday you will look over at the chair where he used to sit and cuss at the news, and he won't
be there. I want to tell everyone to go cover your loved one with kisses!
Guess we have to look at this as a growth period for ourselves. But, @Blessed, I know sometimes it hurts.
Wish I could say something profound to help you but . . . . . .

Not feeling so good tonight. Temps are colder, I have had dinner and watching TV but I just can't shake that feeling. You know the ones, where your are snuggled up to the hubs, your S/O, the kids, all together under a throw. The coffee table is filled with a big bowl of popcorn, chips and dips, a tray with fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies and sweets.

Those nights, for me, are gone. Even when I felt bad they were looked forward to. Now, older and alone, the like of comfort of those old days brings me to my knees, makes me feel so much worse. Does anyone else alone suffer from what I call "days gone by syndrome"?
I know, Blessed, I know. Sometimes it’s hard being the last one. Hugs, to you, dear lady. 🌺🌸

There are widows and widowers on this forum. I know exactly what you are feeling. So do many others.
To those who are still with their loved one, OH! How I wish I make you realize how precious every moment with
him is! Someday you will look over at the chair where he used to sit and cuss at the news, and he won't
Guess we have to look at this as a growth period for ourselves. But, @Blessed, I know sometimes it hurts.

Yes, there are no words but it gives me peace, comfort, to know I am not the only one that feels this way. Thank you for sharing!

@Blessed Sad to hear how you're feeling tonight, will be thinking of you and sending warm loving thoughts your way. Have a peaceful night and hope you feel better tomorrow. 💚

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

I can relate but I don't have any answers. Sometimes it helps to lend a hand to the less fortunate and there are always less fortunate. Thanks for reaching out and please know that you are not alone. Let's hope that the love and support you find here bring some comfort.

How I wish I make you realize how precious every moment with
be there. I want to tell everyone to go cover your loved one with kisses! @Blessed, I know sometimes it hurts.
You don't need to be profound. When you share a life with someone, whether it's spouse, partner or even a sibling or friend, it becomes all too easy to take them for granted. Not deliberately, it's just the way life is.

As for those kisses, on Saturday 7th, just gone, my other half was in Covid's grip, she was in a serious state, raging temperature, so bad that she had to go to the hospital. Once stabilised she was discharged, the next three days were awful, but she came through it. She is still quite poorly but her temperature is stable, back to normal, in fact.

Yesterday, helping her get off to bed, the emotion just came out, we had those kisses, and the racking sobs, standing together just clinging on to one another. It's been quite an experience, but I do reiterate your words. Embrace your loved one, express your love and never take them for granted.

This is not something that I would normally share, I hope that I haven't distressed anyone.

You don't need to be profound. When you share a life with someone, whether it's spouse, partner or even a sibling or friend, it becomes all too easy to take them for granted. Not deliberately, it's just the way life is.

As for those kisses, on Saturday 7th, just gone, my other half was in Covid's grip, she was in a serious state, raging temperature, so bad that she had to go to the hospital. Once stabilised she was discharged, the next three days were awful, but she came through it. She is still quite poorly but her temperature is stable, back to normal, in fact.

Yesterday, helping her get off to bed, the emotion just came out, we had those kisses, and the racking sobs, standing together just clinging on to one another. It's been quite an experience, but I do reiterate your words. Embrace your loved one, express your love and never take them for granted.

This is not something that I would normally share, I hope that I haven't distressed anyone.

So beautiful! So wonderful!
My husband's death came as a surprise. He died in my arms, but not expected.

Yes, Ì know the feeling it's exactly as you said!

THANK YOU for sharing, horseless carriage.
I know you’re not one to post these kind of feelings…..but…..your heart is so much appreciated.
Hope your true love feels better soon
Take care, both of you.

THANK YOU for sharing, horseless carriage.
I know you’re not one to post these kind of feelings…..but…..your heart is so much appreciated.
Hope your true love feels better soon
Take care, both of you.
Apologies for missing both your lovely sentiments. The lady is sort of stable, not quite out of the woods, but I can sleep tonight knowing that there's a 99.9% chance she will still be with me to give me grief in the morning. What a cherished, lovely and caring virtual family you all are. So appreciated. xx

i know the feeling HC ....i can sympathise, with you ....
when hubby first had his stroke....neither of us knew what we were doing , we were solely on our own
we used to sit , and cry together, and ask each other " what are we gonna do ",
but we had to .......i was his limbs, and he was my councillor .....
but we ve done it !!! 10yrs its been .....

Hope your OH gets well soon HD ......stay strong xx

@Blessed....hoping your feeling better today....one step at a time , and trying to stay focused xx HUGSSS

Hope your

Back