Space Weather

There are some cool photos

Neo-surge_proms_1682928079_lg.gif

As featured on today's Spaceweather page, a new sunspot is emerging over the sun's northeastern limb, and it is crackling with M-class solar flares. On sunday morning I (photographer) captured this 30-minute timelapse animation of the region. (The Netherlands)
Kevan-Hubbard-PXL_20230426_050349562.MP_1682512177_lg.jpg

Sunrise
Taken by Kevan Hubbard on April 26, 2023 @ Thornborough, Yorkshire, England

Cool! I follow some youtube channels like EarthMaster. The link between earth facing solar flares and earthquakes is quite interesting. In2Thinair is a good channel too. There is no way earth can exist in a bubble apart from the universe. Couple of M class earth facing flares may cause an earthquake upwards of 7.0 somewhere in the next few days. But we will see.

There are things worse than a flare. Some day in a few billion years the sun will exhaust its hydrogen and swell into a red giant star, incinerating or swallowing the Earth. Perhaps by then humanity, lf it still exists, will have packed up and moved to another planet.

7.6 earthquake in Tonga this afternoon. Earthquakes follow large M and X class earth facing solar flares.
I was just about to watch the video. I'm heading to the couch now. but i must check out Tonga first.

magnitude 7.4 struck off Tonga on Thursday,
no tsunami warning after the earthquake.

Thank goodness.

Last edited:

Back