Spaghetti with homemade sauce

Camper6

This is a simple recipe instead of using meatballs.

This serves one or two people.

Frypan. Once around with cooking oil. Add a bit of butter.

Cut about a third of a small onion in small pieces.

Add to the pan and fry until transparent.
Add a half of a tomato cut up.
Add about a quarter of ground beef and mash it down until it is small enough to fry up.
Then just add tomato sauce purchased in the grocery store.

Instead of the large spaghetti I used capellini which is a smaller pasta. Boil it to your taste. I don't like al dente.

I like it a bit softer.

Add that to the dish of the meat sauce and sprinkle with cheese. I didn't have parmesan but that's what you should use because it adds a bit of salt to the dish.

Of course if you like it spicy, sprinkle with cayenne pepper.

Enclosing a picture.20180907_132859.jpg

Yesterday I fried up one mild Italian sausage, some fennel, onion, celery and tomato.
Add a bay leaf, some red wine and some spicy tomato juice. Simmered for 20 mins.
and served with fresh spaghetti.

Must have been spaghetti day yesterday.
I made sauce with mild sausage, mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, one can diced tomatoes, and Italian spices.
Yours looks yummy Camper!

Must have been spaghetti day yesterday.
I made sauce with mild sausage, mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, one can diced tomatoes, and Italian spices.
Yours looks yummy Camper!

I love mushrooms and someone just gave me a zucchini. So I will give that a try next.

I breaded and deep fried part of the zucchini so that it was crispy. A real treat.

Yesterday I fried up one mild Italian sausage, some fennel, onion, celery and tomato.
Add a bay leaf, some red wine and some spicy tomato juice. Simmered for 20 mins.
and served with fresh spaghetti.

That is a typical Northern Italian Dish. Not a ton of exotic ingredients. Fennel is kind of sweet almost like a licorice taste.

Some people don't like that taste and they don't add it to their sausages.

I could not live without celery. I'm surprised no garlic in that recipe. I can never find the bay leaf.

Back