Spam vs. Legit Emails

Sometimes a legitimate email gets sent to my "spam" folder. I have to check that folder daily to make sure I haven't missed any important messages. I just wonder what criteria Yahoo uses to determine if an email is spam or not.

If a company sends out a "Mail Shot" of the same
message to thousands of people the Email providers
see that as Spam.

So you can set your system to allow messages from
that kind of sender by telling your Email Program to
accept anything from "Contacts List/Address Book",
that way what goes into your Spam Folder probably
should be there.

Mike.

A legitimate message sometimes goes to Spam....if you are using Yahoo e-mail. If that happens, simply click on the "not spam" icon at the top of the page, and that message/sender, along with future messages from the sender, will be moved to your good e-mail.

Sometimes a legitimate email gets sent to my "spam" folder. I have to check that folder daily to make sure I haven't missed any important messages. I just wonder what criteria Yahoo uses to determine if an email is spam or not.

I don't have Yahoo email, but all services occasionally get mail in the wrong place. Can only check to see if anything important landed in the Spam folder.

I use BTinternet which is tied to Yahoo, in that system
beside the "Move", "Delete", buttons there is ... three
little dots, I click there and there is a drop down menu,
I can't remember all the options, but I click "BLOCK",
another small window opens and asks if I want to block
the senders and delete all previous from them, I click "Yes"
and it is all done.

I did this with every spam Email I received last year or in
2017 for about two weeks, after that time I have very rarely
received any spam, mainly ones that were not spam, but a
few ones that were, I also did the same with spurious ones
in my "In Box".

Now I only get mail from people who are OK.

Mike.

G-mail have made things more complicated by having a 'Promotions' section. These are items which would have previously gone into the 'spam' folder. I paid a bill on-line, and the receipt went in there, while a message from my brother went in 'spam' so, yes, you do have to check everything carefully.

Back