Spellcasting

I was born and raised in the country where folks had a lot of common sense. No one ever cast a spell on anyone else. If they did they probably would be laughed at for years to come. I think this casting spell "stuff" comes from the dark ages in Europe and these days from Hollywood movies where they seem to be running out of "shocker" movies. Me, I'm on the side of common sense.

Does anyone want a spell cast? Let me know of the spell and if I feel like it, I can cast the spell for you.
Can you cast one that works objectively IRL? Like one for washing the dishes, so they get done without human intervention? I don't have a dishwasher.

I've always thought that if spells worked, they would work on household chores (like in Bewitched). Or on tying up burglars. Or on giving a person the perfect thing to wear. Or on trying out new hairstyles without have to commit to one right off the bat. Or on lifting the 89 year curse the Red Sox were under, way before the 89 years was up. Heck, what about big issues, like ending homelessness or deterring Russia? Feeding starving children? Getting rid of someone's evil power (but that might not fall into white witchcraft, which I would only practice, if I practiced.

I am not making fun of you. I think spellwork can help set and firmly internalize an intent. It's just a theory, but enough people practice it that that's the opinion I've come up with. Who knows? Certainly not I. But I still want a spell that will get my housework done without people and without scaring my dog. Hope springs eternal.

Probably a pointless one, unless it somehow makes you feel better.

When fishing I sometimes have a spell of bad casting, does that count?
Speaking of fishing, when I was a kid, I caught an alligator. It was in Pippin Lake, in Florida. My mom said no way an alligator would be in the lake. She was with me, but didn't see it, and I was too busy losing my rod - scared out of my wits. Mom checked with the guy in charge of the park we were staying in (owned by the USAF), and sure enough, there were 3 alligators in the lake!

I didn't go fishing again. I'd put in enough hours practicing casting the back yard, and fishing with no fish caught. The alligator was the last straw. My mom was teaching us from a book. My brother became the only fisher in our family, and he absolutely loved it.

Is casting a bad spell to abolish something bad a good thing to do?
Let's say the spell works, assuming that the consequences of that are only good ones. That's a huge assumption, IMO. Not workable for me.

Let's say that you cast a spell to abolish a bad thing, but whether the thing is bad is a matter of your perception. Many others think it is a good thing. What happens then, if the spell works? Are you (we) willing to live with the consequences? Can the spell include only positive consequences? Which begs the question, positive to whom?

Say a spell was done to eliminate field mice, and it worked. The owls wouldn't be happy to have a major food source disappear. The consequences would be good for people (maybe) but bad for owls. We can't have a bunch of hungry owls flying around, can we? The Great Horned Owl can carry up to a 16 pound animal for later feasting. Which animals would be eradicated because there were no mice?

Imagine the glee of the people who thought throwing waste into our vast oceans was a great solution to a waste-handling problem. That turned out to be a Very Bad Thing to have happen. And all because people wanted to have an easy way to dispose of waste without having to deal with landfills. Plus it makes money for some, I am sure. If a spell worked to magically get rid of all the pollution of our oceans, I think most people (except those who profit from it or do it because it is easy), would be for that. But again, what are the consequences? (I'd say the consequences in this case would just have to be lived through, and another solution found.)

Like one for washing the dishes, so they get done without human intervention?
Just be like Samantha:
bewitched-nose-wiggle.gif

Speaking of fishing, when I was a kid, I caught an alligator. It was in Pippin Lake, in Florida. My mom said no way an alligator would be in the lake. She was with me, but didn't see it, and I was too busy losing my rod - scared out of my wits. Mom checked with the guy in charge of the park we were staying in (owned by the USAF), and sure enough, there were 3 alligators in the lake!

I didn't go fishing again. I'd put in enough hours practicing casting the back yard, and fishing with no fish caught. The alligator was the last straw. My mom was teaching us from a book. My brother became the only fisher in our family, and he absolutely loved it.
A Florida family woke up to a loud noise in their yard and discovered a nearly 11-foot alligator going for a night swim in their pool, authorities said Tuesday.

Back