Steer Clear Of Bright Care - Formerly Brand New Day!

WILLK

My best friend worked for this company - as a licensed and onboarded agent selling their Advantage plans in 2021-2022. Her CA license expired at the end of Dec. 2022 because she has to care full-time for her mom, who's dying. She called the company beforehand and informed them, and they promised to pay her residuals in 2022, as is customary for a full year when agents sell Advantage plans. And guess what: this company of scammers and thieves has flat-out refused to pay a single cent. As of today, she still hasn't received payment and they informed her they "won't budge." Consider: if they treat agents who sold their products in good faith in such a dismal manner, how will they treat consumers?

As for me, I've decided to cancel my plan with that company as soon as I can and urge all of you out there to do the same or avoid them completely.

They lack ethics and human decency. Such a shame!

Besides, there are LOTS of other great Advantage plans to choose from.

Think it over and spread the word. We all deserve better than this.

Not to worry, never heard of this outfit. Personally I think "advantage" plans are a waste of money, probably be more cost effective to go straight Medicare.
I'm pretty sure it isn't going to matter at all by this time next year, and maybe even by Jan.

Currently, all Medcaid recipients are being enrolled in a program similar to "advantage" called Managed Care. It includes dental and hearing&vision benefits, but it pays providers even less...far less. For that reason, doctors are referring their patients with a managed care plan to managed care clinics. Hundreds of thousands of these clinics will be opening up this year, and even more next year. There will be one doctor per clinic, whose job is not to see patients but to show up for a few hours once per week to "oversee" the care given by the NPs, RNs, LVNs, and "clinicians" on staff.

Once this is pretty well established for Medicaid recipients, Medicare recipients will start being enrolled in managed care as well.

I got this info on fairly good authority - a nephew who works on a team that's setting up the managed care program in his state. He's a medical social worker at his local hospital's outpatient clinic and at his county's community health agency. Plus I know that Californians on Medi-Cal (same as medicaid) are being enrolled in a managed care plan with no choice in the matter.

Murmur, right now in Nevada they are asking people on Medicare to voluntarily join CMS to let them manage your care and I refused. I also am making sure that I am not getting all my medical care from one system so they cannot just say I joined. I am keeping copies of everything.

Never heard of them. My Medicare plan is provided by the State Health Benefits Program for retirees. It is an excellent plan so there's no chance I'd ever have to deal with Bright Care. But it's nice that you posted a warning.

Diva, there’s a bigger plan by the government to gradually have everyone on Medicare in managed care. I didn’t believe it when I first heard about it. It started under Trump and has continued under Biden. Right now it’s voluntary but they are also trying to trick people into it or slyly putting them in. Look up CMS and Medicare.

Murmur, right now in Nevada they are asking people on Medicare to voluntarily join CMS to let them manage your care and I refused. I also am making sure that I am not getting all my medical care from one system so they cannot just say I joined. I am keeping copies of everything.
Californians were told you can opt out for 1 year. In Cali legal speak, 1 year can mean anywhere from 6 months, as in this case, to 15 years, as in the case of new low-income housing development.

I opted out, but the paperwork was (intentionally) vague and confusing, and I was enrolled anyway; received a new card and everything. This is for court-ordered medical coverage that I was awarded back in 1995 for a fall I took at a state park about 35 yrs ago that caused life-long, life-altering injuries.

Originally, it was the same type of coverage that state employees get, except limited to the specific injuries I got in that fall, which is fair. But the state basically converted it to Medi-Cal about 7 years ago, and there was nothing I could do about that. Now it's the new Medi-Cal Managed Care plan, even tho I opted out, and my doctors don't accept it. Fortunately, they accept Medicare, but I highly doubt I will be getting the same tests and treatments, and another back surgery is probably out of the question.

To ensure that I at least get some advanced testing, imaging, and treatments, I volunteered as a guinea pig for any spinal injury, liver damage, and nervous system studies at the university that all my doctors are associated with. I get to choose which studies I want in on. So far I've participated in 3 studies; one for a new whole-body imaging machine, and two new diagnostic tests.

I am far from a conspiracy theorist but what I have read about this is really scary.

Back